Applications for UNESCO funding to attend
CALL is now OPEN
The call for applications for receiving funding to attend virtually the 18th International Conference of Women Engineers and Scientists (ICWES18) on 1-3 September 2021 is now open. The funding is provided by the UNESCO Participation Programme 2020-21.
Applicants must be:
1. Residents of the Least Developed Countries (LDC) as per the official DAC List of ODA Recipients , left column (LDC) as a First Priority.
2. Residents of the Lower Middle Income Countries Upper Middle Income Countries and Territories as per the official DAC List of ODA Recipients , third column as a Second Priority
- Members of an INWES organisation member or an individual INWES member in good standing.
Priority will be given to applicants with accepted paper, workshop, poster or panel to be included in the ICWES18 programme. Applicants with an accepted paper, workshop, poster or panel, must also have confirmed their intention to attend ICWES18 before submitting an application.
The call will provide approximately 70 registrations to attend the virtual conference ICWES18.
The funding will cover the registration fees to the ICWES18 virtual event and any other additional (essential) fees as suggested by the successful applicant to ensure uninterrupted participation, as for example cost of stable internet access with sufficient bandwidth, mobile backup SIM, etc.
To apply, submit before the deadline:
- A maximum of 150 words on ‘Why you want to attend ICWES18 and why you should receive the funding’
- Any additional essential costs given in USD that you wish to cover with the funding excluding the conference registration fees.
- Details, if expenses listed under b. can provide access to one or more additional eligible conference guests
The deadline to submit an application is Monday 9 August 2021, midday (BST).
Applicants will be notified about the decision of the ICWES18 Organising Committee on their application by Monday 16 August 2021.