The Women for Africa Foundation (FMxA), in line with its mission of contributing to the development of Africa through the drive of its women, is launching the 7th Edition of SCIENCE BY WOMEN programme, with the aim to promote African women’s leadership in scientific research and technology transfer and to foster the capacity of the research centres in their home countries. The main goal is to enable African women researchers and scientists to tackle the great challenges faced by Africa through research in health and biomedicine, sustainable agriculture and food security, water, energy and climate change.
Considering the exceptional challenge of the Covid-19 pandemic, some of the fellowships are focused on the research and innovation carried out by African women scientists from the diverse and interdisciplinary approaches.
Aim and Benefits of FMxA Science By Women Program
- Return flight from their centre of origin to the host institution
- Living allowance of 2.400 Euros gross per month to cover accommodation, personal expense and health and occupational accident insurance coverage.
Requirements for FMxA Science By Women Program Qualification
- Being a woman
- Nationality of an African country.
- PhD with at least 3 years of post-doctoral professional experience
- Contractual relationship with a university or a public or private organization based in Africa dedicated to significant scientific research in the areas indicated
- Excellent academic record and proven track of relevant research experience
- Solid working knowledge of English
- Proven experience leading a research group
Documents Required for Application
• Letter of Interest (max. 1 page)
• Full curriculum vitae (Europass format is recommended)
• Fully filled form
• Passport or NID
• PhD Diploma
• Research proposal (Brief and clear description of the project to be developed in the Spanish host centre (max. 2 pages)
- September 30, 2021
- Click on the links below to apply: