Relief Rescue Initiative (RRI) is a National Non-governmental organization, which is committed and active in community humanitarian and developmental projects with its presence in Borno and Adamwa states. The primary focus of RRI is on the improving and alleviating the problems of the less privileged, deprived, vulnerable group and people affected by armed conflicts in their struggle to obtain a life of justice and dignity. Areas of focus includes; food security and livelihood, Nutrition, Protection, Education, Water sanitation and hygiene (WASH), Metal health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) achieved through the implementation of projects targeted at the community level especially on the most vulnerable members of the community.
In line with its focus, RRI will be implementing General Food Distributions (GFD) through In-kind and Blanket Supplementary Program (BSFP) in Magumeri LGA of Borno State. This is aimed at preventing already vulnerable House Holds from falling into starvation and malnutrition, focusing particularly on young children 6 – 23/24 months and pregnant and lactating women and girls (PLW).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: GFD Assistant
Location: Magumeri LGA, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- The post will be responsible for the implementation of WFP funded General Food Distribution focusing on IDPs and vulnerable host communities.
- Ensuring equitable distribution, monitoring and mobilisation of the community to encourage their participation in the distribution activities.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Conduct sensitizations, providing key messages related to the programme objectives, organization of distributions, targeting and eligibility criteria.
- Supervising the Community Mobilisers and volunteers in support of the distribution process and in charge of crowd control.
- Conduct registration of beneficiaries as needed and verification of beneficiaries at distribution point.
- Support the Field Officer with organizing the distribution point to respond to protection and accountability to affected populations criteria.
- Conduct distribution of in-kind food assistance to the entitled beneficiaries.
- Support the Field Officer with commodity tracking and reporting.
- Collect complaints and feedback from the beneficiaries and the communities.
- Report any problems in a timely manner to the Field Officers or the Project Manager.
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation activities as required.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to you by RRI
- Minimum education: Diploma in Agriculture and any other related field of study
- Prior experience in Humanitarian or International Development programming with at least 1 year of field experience working with beneficiaries, preferably on distribution projects
- Understanding of distribution best-practices
- Ability to collect and record data documenting distribution details especially as relates to commodity quantities and numbers of beneficiaries
- Good communication skills with the rural community members, local and traditional leaders, good planning, reporting functions.
- Understanding of basic anti-fraud practices
- Experience working in a conflict setting
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Previous experience in WFP, USDA or USAID / FFP programmes
- Experience in community mobilization and group organizational skills
- Understanding of basic GFD concepts
- Competence in Microsoft Office application
Application Closing Date
30 June, 2021
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to the email firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as the subject of the mail.
Submit a hard copy at RRI Office Magumeri LGA, Borno State
- Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document / PDF, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.