eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes.
Location: Abuja or Kano (Some travel may be required for meetings and other ad hoc activities)
Division: EHA Clinics
Reports to: Chief of Staff
Summary of Job
- The HR and Admin Officer is responsible for all aspects of administrative management of the clinic’s projects and day-to-day activities, ensuring compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures as well as the parent organization’s regulations.
- The HR and Admin Officer will also design the yearly budget and plan for the organization, under the supervision of the Chief Finance Officer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this role successfully, the Accounts and Billing Officer will perform the following responsibilities in relation to all clinics which will include but are not limited to:
Administrative Human Resources:
- Provides confidential secretarial and administrative support for the principal executive or executives, including managing the schedule/calendar, making travel arrangements, screening and handling telephone communications, greeting and directing visitors, and dealing with administrative problems and inquiries as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary point of direct administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, and external institutions and agencies on a range of specified issues; organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events, as required.
- Gathers, enters, and/or updates data to maintain departmental records and databases, as appropriate; establishes and maintains files and records for the office.
- Monitors and coordinates accounting activities as appropriate, and prepares internal reports for management; participates in budget planning and management, as required.
- Assists with project development and planning to ensure more efficient service and organization of the office.
- Composes and prepares written documentation and correspondence for the office; screens and evaluates incoming and outgoing correspondence and prepares responses as appropriate.
- Assists in the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects as appropriate.
- Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
- Organize a filing system for important and confidential company documents
- Create and distribute guidelines and FAQ documents about company policies
- Gather payroll data like bank accounts and working days
- Update office policies as needed
- Maintain a company calendar and schedule appointments
- Book meeting rooms as required
- Distribute and store correspondence (e.g. letters, emails, and packages)
- Prepare reports and presentations with statistical data, as assigned
- Prepare and distribute meeting agenda and meeting minutes.
- Prepare and distribute business journals, presentations, transcriptions, and letters using standard formats.
- Maintain security and confidentiality of company information.
- Prepare travel documents and make travel arrangements.
- Collect and analyze the business data from various departments to prepare reports and presentations for management.
- Develop strong working relationships with senior management and administrative personnel for effective and smooth operations.
- Plan and organize pieces of training, leadership meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- May supervise personnel which may include recommendations for hiring, performance evaluation, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
- Maintaining physical and digital personnel records like employment contracts and PTO requests
- Update internal databases with new hire information
- Publish and remove job ads
- Schedule job interviews and contact candidates as needed
- Prepare reports and presentations on HR-related metrics like the total number of hires by department
- Develop training and onboarding material
- Respond to employees’ questions about benefits (for example, number of vacation days they’re eligible for)
- Coordinating schedules, distributing memos and reports, and ensuring that everyone is kept current on necessary company news and information
- Evaluate the performance of the employees semi-annually
Key Skills and Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- At least three years of related experience required.
- Proficiency in the use of the Asana task management tool is an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence.
- Sound negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Leadership and teamwork
- Time management and organization
- Work Experience: S/he will be required to have had related and progressive experience in healthcare human capital management and administration.
- Competitive salary scale based on surveys from top private hospitals in Nigeria. Salary is negotiable but performance-based.
The following benefits are available with this offer of employment:
- Health Insurance: EHA Clinics will cover medical expenses for yourself, your spouse, and up to two dependents. Further details are contained in the Nigeria Addendum to the EHA Clinics Employee Handbook.
- Group Life Assurance: EHA Clinics provides life insurance for you as our employee. This insurance is payable in the event of your death. The effective date of coverage will be upon successful completion of your probationary period.
- Group & Personal Accident: EHA Clinics provides Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (ADD) for you as our employee. AD&D covers death by accidental means (rather than natural causes) and dismemberment. The effective date of coverage is your hire date.
- Pension: EHA Clinics supports employee retirement preparation and investment by paying a 10% pension contribution on top of the statutory pension contribution of 8% that is already factored into your salary.
- Annual Leave: You are entitled to 21 days paid annual leave accrued at 1.75 days/month. Employees may begin scheduling leave with their direct supervisor upon successful completion of their probationary period.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to eHealth Systems Africa on www.eha.ng to apply