Relief Rescue Initiative (RRI) is a National Non-governmental organization, which is committed and active in community humanitarian and developmental projects with its presence in Borno and Adamwa states. The primary focus of RRI is on the improving and alleviating the problems of the less privileged, deprived, vulnerable group and people affected by armed conflicts in their struggle to obtain a life of justice and dignity. Areas of focus includes; food security and livelihood, Nutrition, Protection, Education, Water sanitation and hygiene (WASH), Metal health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) achieved through the implementation of projects targeted at the community level especially on the most vulnerable members of the community.
In line with its focus, RRI will be implementing General Food Distributions (GFD) through In-kind and Blanket Supplementary Program (BSFP) in Magumeri LGA of Borno State. This is aimed at preventing already vulnerable House Holds from falling into starvation and malnutrition, focusing particularly on young children 6 – 23/24 months and pregnant and lactating women and girls (PLW).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Assistant (Female)
Location: Magumeri LGA, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- This role of the Nutrition Assistant will assist the Nutrition programme officer in the implementation of Nutrition activities while providing support and supervising the volunteers and community nutrition Mobilizers in the Project’s Communities in implementing Blanket Supplementary Feeding Programme (BSFP) and Infant and Young Child Feeding [IYCF]) while integrating with other sectoral interventions.
- The nutrition Assistant will also work with other agencies providing nutrition services in ensuring linkage of nutrition beneficiaries. Throughout intervention, the Nutrition Assistant will work towards ensuring quality delivery of nutrition interventions in the Project location.
- Conduct sensitizations, providing key messages related to the programme objectives, organization of distributions, targeting and eligibility criteria.
- Supervise MUAC (middle upper arm circumference) screening of Pregnant and lactating women (PLW) and children under 5 years.
- Screen, tally, register and coordinate the screening of children to verify their age at the distribution point; the nutrition screener/register additionally is required to train the Nutrition volunteers.
- Report to the Nutrition Officer on BSFP distribution update.
- Collaborate with other NGOs on nutrition activities and to refer children identified and provide technical support to the nutrition assistant.
- Mainstream the nutritional activities in line with standards in his or her LGA with regards to Infant and Young Child feeding (IYCF) programs.
- Supervising the Community Mobilisers and volunteers in support of the distribution process and in charge of crowd control.
- Conduct registration of beneficiaries as needed and verification of beneficiaries at distribution point.
- Support the Field Officer with organizing the distribution point to respond to protection and accountability to affected populations criteria.
- Conduct distribution of in-kind food assistance to the entitled beneficiaries.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to you by RRI
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Degree in Nutrition, Health, Public Health or any related fields.
- Must have at least 1 year work experience
- Experience in Nutrition and community-based programming will be an added advantage
- Familiarity with the Humanitarian context.
- Excellent communication skills and a willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathize with all beneficiaries and their caregivers
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Understanding of Hausa and Kanuri is highly required.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to the email: email@example.com using the Position applied for as the subject of the mail.
- Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document / PDF, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.