Interested future leaders can now apply for the One Young World Lead2030 challenge. The One Young World Lead2030 challenge is the biggest prize fund for leaders making an impact for the sustainable development goals. One Young World is powered by some of the world’s leading businesses, Lead2030 finds funds and accelerates SDG solutions created by founders under 30. The 2030 challenge is tailored to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) which are an ambitious roadmap to a sustainable future. To make this future a reality by 2030, One Young World needs a generation of young leaders who are meaningfully engaged with the Sustainable Development Goals and are working purposefully to achieve them.
One Young World believes that at the heart of every global threat is a failure of leadership. They believe that the new generation is the most informed, most educated, most connected generation in human history. One Young World therefore, identifies, promotes, and connects the world’s most impactful young leaders to create a better world, with more responsible, more effective leadership. The annual One Young World Summit convenes the brightest young talent from every country and sector, working to accelerate social impact. Delegates from 190+ countries are counseled by influential political, business, and humanitarian leaders.
In partnership with One Young World in 2024. Deloitte is committed to expanding opportunities for 100 million people by 2030 by developing job skills, improving educational outcomes, and providing opportunities for individuals from underrepresented and marginalized groups around the world. In line with this ambition, hence, Deloitte is proud to support the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG4 for the fifth year.
|March 1st, 2024
2024 lead2030 Challenge for SDG4
In line with Deloitte’s ambition to prepare 100 million futures for a world of opportunity by 2030, the challenge seeks to support scalable youth-led solutions that:
- Utilize innovative approaches and technology
- Address the root causes of the issue
- Demonstrate ability to drive impact and potential to scale
- Recognize existing efforts and collaborate with others to accelerate impact
- Facilitate opportunities for collective impact, by engaging a wide range of stakeholders
- Improve the quality of, or access to, education and skills training that prepares young people to succeed
Note: The challenge is open to young people from social enterprises, non-profits, or community organizations.
The solutions should drive impact in at least one of the following areas:
- Create skills development or lifelong learning opportunities for young people to prepare for the future workforce.
- Accelerate entrepreneurial skills and develop a new generation of job creators.
- Improve access to education and skills opportunities for those that may be left behind by the rapidly changing global economy.
- Support digital skills and adoption of technologies to empower learners’ access to education and skills development opportunities.
Benefits of One Young World Lead2030 Challenge
The winning solution will receive:
- Sponsorship to participate in the One Young World Summit 2024
- A US$50,000 grant from Deloitte
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of Deloitte professionals and partners. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organization, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
Who is eligible to apply?
To be considered for the 2024 One Young World Lead2030 challenge, applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
Aligned: Evidently aligned with the SDG4 challenge.
Youth-led: Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
Focused: Well-structured time horizon identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
Proven: Solution is readily available, being piloted, implemented, or scaled
Impactful: Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example, generating educational outcomes, employment opportunities, or developing skills.
Measurable: Solution’s impact in society must be adequately measured and/or be measurable.
Financially viable: Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
Scalable: Potential to grow impact after expanding in scope or size and/or into other regions.
2024 One Young World Lead2030 challenge application process
Interested and qualified candidates are required to fill out and submit an online application form with their personal information, your Lead2030 solution, and other additional information.
Click on the link below to apply for the 2024 One Young World Lead2030 challenge:
Click on the link below for more details on the 2024 One Young World Lead2030 challenge: