13th February 2023
Success Summit – Valentines special
Topic: Making Your Relationship and Marriages Beautiful
Speaker: Prof. Stella Madueme
Scripture reference: Gen 2:8-24, 3:8
God is the beginning of relationships. He already had a relationship with man right from the beginning. There are rules, foundations set for every relationship.
HOW TO SET THE RIGHT FOUNDATION FOR YOUR RELATIONSHIP
1 Be born again and have his spirit within you
2 Daily personal relationship with God. Reading your Bible and spending quality time with him. It’s only the word of God that has the power to change you.
Having the Holy Spirit within you comes with a lot of benefits:
* He enables you to keep your emotions under check.
* The Holy Spirit helps you dictate negativity around you to avoid contaminating your relationship.
* He helps you to hear and understand when God is speaking his will to you.
HOW DO WE SELECT OUR MARRIAGE PARTNERS
Some many people select based on sight. They only look at the outward appearance: beauty, material things and so on. Trust God for his will about your life partner not just what you are seeing.
HOW TO RELY ON GOD
– Pray: Don’t be bothered about your time. Just pray and he will speak to you. You can also meet your spiritual fathers to pray with you. Don’t depend on their prayers alone. A spiritual father can also go under the flesh.
– Be ready to wait on God. Don’t expect your answers to come as soon as.
– Learn how to be a virtuous woman as a woman. Read proverbs 31. Learn the art of home making.
_Avoid all appearances of evil.
Other relationships we have:
Relationships with people – show them the love of Christ in the way you handle issues. Relate with people with respect
WHEN YOU GET MARRIED: HOW TO MAKE YOUR MARRIAGE BEAUTIFUL.
-Don’t lose your spirituality
-Still maintain your quiet time
-You also need a family altar and a personal altar. You can have an issue with your spouse and you resolve it on your own altar.
-Have an understanding to able to deal with negative family and cultural patterns: family structures, gender Inequality in some cultures, past life experiences, negative generational trends
– Understand your role in marriage: correct each other in love, encourage yourselves
– Think about tomorrow
*introduce varieties into your home
* create an environment of love
-In area of finance, have your budgets and realistic goal setting with your spouse. You can even go into business ventures together. Maintain oneness together in every area.
– Know the essential differences between men and women.
Finally, Marriage is supposed to be enjoyed and not endured.