BRANDING (SUCCESS SUMMIT held on Mon. 20-2-2023 and pictures)
Success Summit 20th February, 2023
Speaker: Dr Tony Orji
Branding is the process of communicating a unique selling position, proposition or differential that sets you, your product apart from competition.
Main purpose of branding
– Good branding increases the value of your product or service.
– Branding provides employees with direction and motivation.
– Branding makes acquiring new customers easy.
– Branding builds a connection between customers and the brand and this association inspires loyalty and trust. Trust is a pillar of customer loyalty
Things to know to brand yourself or product well
– What makes you unique?
– What do you have to offer?
– Why is it important for people to care about what you’re offering?
TYPES OF BRAND
– PERSONAL BRAND: You must have a brand for yourself.
– CORPORATE BRAND: In establishing a corporate brand think about the durability of your product
– PRODUCT BRANDING: This defines the uniqueness of you products
– SERVICE BRANDING: This defines the uniqueness of your service
– ONLINE BRANDING: You must have an online presence. People should know you beyond the shores of this nation. When you’re visible online, it gives you wider coverage.
OFFLINE BRANDING: Communicate to people offline and let them know what you can do.
5 THINGS TO. LOOK AT WHEN MAKING DECISION ABOUT YOUR BRANDING
– Product: What makes your product unique and different from others?
– Pricing: You’re in business to make profit but excess profit can make you lose your customer base. Your pricing should be reasonable.
– Promotion strategy: Promotion and branding go hand in hand. If you don’t promote your brand, it will remain small.
Place: Where will I get more patronage? Where do you want to carve your niche? Your brand has a place where it is needed more and you have to locate it.
– People: There are people meant to patronise your brand. Locate them and retain them
CHARACTERISTICS TO CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING A BRAND NAME
– It must be distinctive: Don’t choose brand names used by others already.
– Your brand name should be authentic: People should know what you stand for.
– It should be easy to be remember.
– It should be enduring and not something that can fade away.
– It should be defensible.
Leave a Reply