APPLY NOW! University of Wisconsin Milwaukee (USA), Postdoc Opportunity
University of Wisconsin Milwaukee (USA) invites applications for Postdoc Opportunity from eligible and interested candidates.
About- A postdoctoral position is available in the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in Milwaukee, WI, USA. The tentative start date is spring or summer 2023. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with CV and cover letter.
- PhD in computational chemistry, biology, biophysics, or related field.
- Knowledge and/or enthusiasm to learn programming/scripting.
- Experience in molecular simulations and modeling.
- Strong track record of scientific productivity and publications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with others.
- Strong background (and publication record) in molecular dynamics, machine learning, quantum chemistry, molecular modeling and data analysis.
- Familiarity with molecular modeling and visualization packages.
The position will focus on developing and applying state-of-the-art computational biophysics/chemistry methods to understand complex biological processes and use that knowledge to design efficient drugs for cancer and neurodegenerative diseases (e.g., Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Dementia). Projects will involve multiscale simulation of biochemical systems.
Candidate will have the opportunity to collaborate with leading experimental academic groups and with pharmaceutical industry. For an additional perspective on this research, candidates are encouraged to visit our website (https://uwm.edu/chemistry/our-people/saha-arjun/).
- To conduct research with computational chemistry and biophysics tools.
- To develop, design and execute research problems/ideas.
- To develop codes/scripts implementing computational chemistry algorithms.
- To produce manuscripts to disseminate performed research.
- To attend, contribute and present at national and international meetings/conferences.
- To actively collaborate with different research groups within UWM (MIDD: Milwaukee Institute of Drug Discovery here in UWM Chemistry Dept.) and outside of UWM, as well as with pharmaceutical industry partners.
- To provide guidance to students in the research group.
Candidates should demonstrate all relevant qualifications (see required and desired qualifications above) in their application packet. The postdoc appointment will initially be for one year and may be extended for an additional year, depending on performance of the individual. The salary will be commensurate with the skills and experience of the individual.
- Postdoctoral Scientist position at University of Wisconsin Milwaukee
- A postdoctoral position (Computational Chemistry and Drug Discovery) is available in the Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in Milwaukee, WI, USA. The tentative start date is spring or summer 2023.
How to Apply-
To be considered, please send a cover letter with a summary of your research experience and a CV with a full list of publications, together with names and contact details of three references, to Prof. Arjun Saha (email@example.com). After the initial screening of applications, letters of reference will be requested on behalf of competitive candidates.
The initial appointment is for one year, renewable upon mutual agreement. The
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee is located in Milwaukee – a multicultural city and one of the major metropolitan areas in the USA.
Dr. Arjun Saha
Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Last Date for Apply– Until the position is filled
Applicant screening will continue until the position is filled. The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.