Social Performance Manager (DGM Social Performance) at Dangote Group
The Social Performance Manager shall manage the Plant’s relationship host communities and Plant’s External Relations and Social Policies. He shall advise DCP Plant’s management on strategies, means and methods to ensuring that her activities and operations are consistent with the Department’s management policies and framework and secure the social license to operate.
The purpose of this position is to:
- Develop, implement and maintain a consistent strategy on stakeholders engagement establishing cordial relationship with host communities and other relevant stakeholders,
- Establish processes and targets for incorporating social issues management standards into DCP Plant’s business so as to achieve business and corporate objectives.
- Ensure continual reduction of Social Risks associated with DCPs operations, to as low as reasonably practicable (ALARP)
- Manage social impacts and risks to the Plant
- Plan, prepare budget, implement and maintain Community Development Projects (Corporate Social responsibility)
- Advise management at all times in handling of all issues of external contents
- Champion Social License to Operate by facilitation the acquisition of all Licenses and permits from relevant authourities and renew when due.
- Key Responsibilities
- Manage, direct and inspire a team of independent professionals in order to achieve Departmental goals
- Manage identification, mapping and proactive engagements with stakeholders
- Negotiate and manage Community Development Agreements (CDA) with communities. Sign off the CDA and obtain regulatory authourities’ approval and renew when due.
- Facilitate the Social Impacts and Risk assessment of the Plant and implementation of mitigating actions. Review periodically.
- Offer specialist advice on social issues management to DCP Plant’s management.
- Support the development and implementation of social issues management in line with DCP policies.
- Be responsible for the operations of key environmental issues impacts management such as Waste Management, Natural Resource Management, etc., with host Communities
- Receive and investigate incidences and grievances to identify the root causes and measures to forestall future occurrences. Maintain the grievance register.
- Shall articulate the concept of sustainable environmental, social and community development and positively engage project-affected communities in a responsible manner.
- Collaborate effectively with other Departments in the process of achieving the Department objectives.
- Required Skills
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Strategic decision making skill
- Innovation and creativity
- Project management skill
- Team work
- Budget development & implementation skill
- Active listening
- Stakeholder engagement skill (internal and external stakeholders)
- Professional integrity
- Influencing others
- Presentation skill
- Mentoring / coaching skill
- Self awareness
- Negotiation skill
- Non-discriminatory behavior
- Resilience and effectiveness
- Conflict management skill
- Change management skill
- A Degree in Social Sciences and an MBA
- 15 Years relevant working experience
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Click on the below to read more and apply: