Human Resources and Compliance Director, Abuja, Nigeria
Chemonics seeks a Human Resources and Compliance Director for the USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program- Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Nigeria. The Human Resources and Compliance Director will be responsible for overseeing the GHSC-PSM Human Resources Management and Operations strategy. He/She will ensure, maintain and implement a thorough understanding of the project objectives, program and practices as well as ensure compliance with related policies and regulations. This individual will oversee high level HR, office logistics and administrative duties, consult with top management on strategic planning, analyze and improve organizational processes and work to improve quality, productivity and efficiency incorporating the values of both USAID and Chemonics. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Lead full cycle recruitment process in compliance with established procedures and regulations including but not limited to creation of job descriptions and interview questions, shortlisting and pre-screening candidates as well as reference checks, and negotiating offers of employment
- Ensure new hires are provided with adequate training regarding the project, relevant Chemonics policies and are assimilated into Chemonics culture
- Oversee maintenance of timesheet records and ensure all timesheets are submitted on time with the correct approval
- Ensure proper management of personnel and recruitment files according to the requirements and ensure confidentiality and safety of the data
- Interpret and advise staff on Chemonics, USAID, and federal compliance policies and procedures and help to ensure a positive and thriving work environment for all staff
- Manage administration of benefits according to appropriate plans and labor laws requirements, bring any requirement changes or suggestions for improvement to supervisor’s notice
- Lead disciplinary process ensuring all actions taken comply with local labor laws and Chemonics policies and loop in appropriate Home Office department if necessary
- Work with employees and supervisors to prevent and/or resolve employee relations issues in coordination with Global HR and Office of Business Conduct (OBC). Investigate allegations of wrongdoing, i.e.: sexual harassment, harassment, fraud
- Ensure all HR management practices conform to the projects and Chemonics’ policies, best practices, USAID rules and regulations, and the local labor laws
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, personnel, project administration, project management or related field
- Minimum 10 years of experience leading HR and Administrative teams and at least 3-5 years of managing teams in operational areas for medium to large development projects and/or organizations
- Experience working for an American NGO or company or USAID implementer in Nigeria highly preferred
- Knowledgeable on Nigerian labor laws, personnel benefits and taxes required; ability to interpret local labor laws, previous experience interacting with labor counsel preferred
- Ability to exercise confidentiality and high levels of professionalism
- Strong communication, motivational skills
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Demonstrated versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required
Please apply by completing the form and submitting a CV at https://chemonics-ghsc-psm-nga.formstack.com/forms/director_human_resources_and_operations
Deadline: May 13, 2022.
No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.