About United Nations Young Professionals Programme: The United Nations Young Professionals Programme (YPP) is a recruitment initiative for talented, highly qualified professionals to start a career as an international civil servant with the United Nations Secretariat. It consists of an entrance examination and professional development programmes once successful candidates start their career with the UN.
The United Nations Young Professionals Programme examination is held once a year and is open to nationals of countries participating in the annual recruitment exercise. The list of participating countries is published annually and varies from year to year.
- must have the nationality of a participating country.
- must hold at least a first-level university degree relevant for the exam subject you are applying for.
- must be 32 or younger in the year of the examination.
- must be fluent in either English or French.
Staff members of the United Nations Secretariat who work within the General Service and other related categories and aspire to a career within the Professional and higher categories, are encouraged to apply.
- Your application will be screened to determine if you are eligible for the examination in the exam subject you applied for.
- If more than 40 applicants from the same country apply for the same exam area, those applicants will be further screened and ranked by a Human Resources Officer according to points given for the following additional qualifications: highest level of education completed, knowledge of official UN languages, and relevant work experience.
- Please be aware that many potential applicants do not pass the screening stage due to incomplete or inaccurate applications.
- If your application was successful, you will be informed that you are convoked to the examination.
- If determined that you are not eligible to apply or if your application was unsuccessful, you will be informed that you have not been convoked to the examination.
- You will be able to check the status of your application by typing your application number in the search section on the Convocation status & Examination centre page
Click on the link below to read more, apply and share widely: