ACS Biomaterials Science & Engineering is inviting interested and eligible early-career researchers to apply for membership to our Early Career Editorial Advisory Board. The journal onboarded its inaugural Early Career Board of 28 members in 2019 and is looking to assemble a new cohort for 2022. Members will have the opportunity to gain insight into the editorial decision-making process on matters regarding journal content and direction, and to play an active role in the decision-making and publishing process.
- Must be an active research scientist employed by an academic, industrial, or research institution
- Must have been awarded a doctoral degree in any area of biomaterials science and engineering within the past 5 years (excluding career breaks)
Please submit the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae including a list of published works and peer review experience to date (3-page-maximum)
- Mission statement (~300 words) describing your research goals and why you are interested in becoming a member of the Early Career Board
- Please respond to these questions as part of the Mission Statement:
- Are you willing to participate and volunteer some time toward the journal’s social media engagement by providing content for tweets, etc.?
- Are you willing to assist the journal in commissioning efforts by identifying potential topics and authors?
- Are you willing to assist the journal in organizing special and virtual issues in topics of interest?
- Reprint of your most significant paper published to date
- One letter of recommendation provided by a professor or advisor
Applications will be accepted through September 10, 2021. Finalists will be notified by November 8, 2021, and those ultimately chosen are expected to begin and serve a three-year term starting January 1, 2022. Those who are not selected are encouraged to reapply for the following term, as long as eligibility stands. Please submit your applications to Editor-in-Chief, David Kaplan at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your applications.
Click on the link below to read more and apply: