JOB TITLE: Assistant Economist
WORKING HOURS: 35 hours per week, open to flexible working.
LOCATION: SW1P 3HE
SALARY: £24,000 per annum
The National Institute of Economic and Social Research is Britain’s oldest, and one of its most prestigious independent research institutes. We specialise in applied social and economic research, combining high academic standards with relevance to policy making. Our reputation for quality and independence, outstanding networks and unrivalled location at the heart of Westminster makes us the ideal base to build a national profile for academic or policy research that makes real impact.
We are seeking an Economic Assistant to join the Macroeconomics team. The purpose of the role is to maintain the historical data for our NiGEM database and support the macro-modelling team’s other data requirements.
The essential requirements we are looking for in the successful candidate are:
- Managing multiple competing priorities to meet strict deadlines.
- Working independently and as part of a team to achieve specific outcomes.
- Using Excel at expert level to manipulate and analyse data.
- Constructively challenging the accepted ways of thinking/doing things, and thinking critically to develop new idea, approaches, and ways of working.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, Econometrics or related field
- Strong numeracy skills.
- High level of attention to detail, with the ability to ensure the accuracy of complex reports and data sets.
- Strong interest in real world economic and policy developments.
To apply for this role, please send full CV and a supporting statement of no more than 1500 words setting how you meet the essential requirements outlined above. Please number each point and address these one at a time to ensure that we are able to fully consider how your experience, skills and abilities meet the needs of the post. Please refer to the attached job description and person specification for full details of the role.
Applications should be sent to Fran Leadbeater via email: email@example.com. In your application, please include the following:
- Where you saw the advert
- Approximate start date
- Details of two referees. NIESR will seek references prior to interview, so should you not wish us to contact any of your referees in advance, please make this clear.
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 7th September.
Interviews will be held week commencing 20th September.
Click on the link below for more information