Required Skills and Experience
Preferred area of study:
- Current Education studies of student, e.g. Statistics, Economics, Communications or International Relations.
- Applicant must be enrolled in a Degree programme in a Graduate school (second university degree or higher), Statistics, Economics, preferably in Journalism, Communications, Development or International Relations, at the time of application and during the internship (if a candidate is graduating before the internship period begins, they are no longer eligible); or
- Have completed at least four years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a degree, if pursuing their studies in countries where higher education is not divided into undergraduate and graduate stages.
- Knowledge and experience with SQL and database management
- Be computer literate in standard software applications.
- Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter.
- Has demonstrated the ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
Method of Application
The candidates who are shortlisted for an interview must submit prior to the interview the following documents:
- Official letter from the University confirming enrollment in a graduate-level degree programme (and graduation date)
- Copy of school transcript
- Duly completed UNDP Internship Application form (will be sent once notified that they have been shortlisted).
- 2 relevant writing samples.
Before final acceptance, the selected candidate will have to provide the additional documents:
- Letter of endorsement from a senior faculty member who has directly supervised the student in the recent past and who is fully acquainted with the student’s performance;
- A brief paper setting out the reasons why he/she is seeking an internship with UNDP and what is expected from the experience.
- A Medical Certificate of Good Health from a recognized physician. If the intern is expected to travel outside the country of their residence, other than to Europe and North America, the physician must indicate whether he/she is fit to travel and has had the required inoculations for the country or countries to which the intern is to travel;
- Proof of medical and life/accident insurance valid for the location(s) in which the internship will be carried out.
Click on the link below to read more and apply