Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO) is a non-profit and Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), Registered in Nigeria with Corporate affairs commission and other government agencies. Our objective is to alleviate poverty within the humanitarian sphere through food security, women empowerment through livelihood programs. Our active humanitarian intervention programs include but are not limited to providing Shelter/CCCM/NFI, warehousing & Logistics, health care and Protection (Monitoring, Referrals, GBV, SGBV, Child protection RFL referrals).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Operations Assistant
Position Number: WOA/CWH/0001
Location: Bama, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Type: Temporary Appointment
Duration of Contract: 6 Months (possible renewal)
Supervisor: Warehouse Officer
Proposed Starting: Earliest convenience
Duties and Responsibilities
- This role will support SHO Humanitarian response in Bama to ensure WFP warehouse activities are conducted in line with organisational and project objectives as well as donor’s expectation and guidelines. The post holder will manage an array of warehouse activities including safeguarding of goods and supplies, and ensuring well-organized warehousing and storage service in compliance with WFP warehouse and logistic guidelines.
Dimensions of the Role:
- The post holder will contribute to the effective warehouse operation in Bama ensuring the interface between operations and programme team members.
- The role requires strong facilitation and organisational skills along with the ability to keep good record of items transactions in the warehouse, including receipt, storage and dispatching of all good and supplies.
The incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate the receipt / dispatch of goods, materials and consumables to ensure accurate recording, accounting and reporting is available at all times to support decision-making.
- Responsible for the accuracy of warehouse transaction records including identification of discrepancies, to ensure immediate and accurate reporting on items movements in line with the corporate requirements.
- Responsible for inventory management (e.g. physical stock verification, reporting, etc.), to ensure any existing and developing issues with regards to proper stocks management are timely addressed and SHO standard procedures for items and goods handling and storage are strictly followed.
- Supervise preparation and / or prepare regular and ad hoc reports and statistics on warehouse operations, to support informed planning and decision-making.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols Scan delivered items and ensure quality and report damaged or missing inventory to supervisors Review on periodic basis warehouse / storage space availability, plan and implement new design layouts to support business needs and ensure cost-efficiency.
- Work in collaboration line, technical and matrix supervisors including partners in order to deliver aligned and coherent warehouse / store services.
- Supervise warehouse staff, to ensure high performance standards.
- Update computer inventory control records through performance of periodic physical inventory spot checks and reconciles with inventory records.
- Assist in determining proper inventory levels, ordering points, ordering quantities and provide cost information for budgeting purposes.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and work stations neat.
- Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times
- Perform any other project related duties as specified by the Project Manager & WH Officer and other dotted line management.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- A Degree in Business / Public Administration or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience working in operations, administration and logistics generalist role
- Relevant experience in warehouse management
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills is required.
- Excellent and demonstrable experience in procurement processes and logistics management.
- Demonstrable experience in office management and staff coordination.
- Knowledge and understanding of North-east’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation and coaching Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Ability to carry strenuous warehouse duties of lifting heavy items Familiarity with commodity and material stock management procedures in either the humanitarian or development context
- Strong communication skills: oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong leadership, team building, conflict resolution and ability to deliver SHO’s strategic objectives.
- Experience in use of SAP Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations
- Facilitate the development and scheduling of volunteer outreach activities
- Working contacts inside and outside the organization Provide timely responses concerning queries linked with relevant projects or programmes.
- Report to the WH Officer Provide support to SHO’s programme delivery
- Work with other members of the programme units to ensure effective and efficient programme delivery.
Application Closing Date
27th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please submit their Application (Letter of motivation and CV in a single PDF file) via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title and Position Number” as subject of the e-mail or
Or submit hard copies to:
Salient Humanitarian Organization,
Behind NTA Quarters, Off Damboa Road, Old GRA,
Maiduguri – Borno State.
- There is no need to send other certificates along with the application at this stage.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Kindly note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.