Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO) is a non-profit and Non-Governmental Organization (NGO), Registered in Nigeria with Corporate affairs commission and other government agencies. Our objective is to alleviate poverty within the humanitarian sphere through food security, women empowerment through livelihood programs. Our active humanitarian intervention programs include but are not limited to providing Shelter/CCCM/NFI, warehousing & Logistics, health care and Protection (Monitoring, Referrals, GBV, SGBV, Child protection RFL referrals).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Data Officer
Position Number: WDO/CWH/0001
Location: Bama, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Type: Temporary Appointment
Duration of Contract: 6 Months (possible renewal)
Supervisor: Project Manager
Proposed Starting: Earliest convenience
Duties and Responsibilities
Within the scope of Salient Humanitarian Organization’s Common Warehouse Storage project, funded by WFP; The WH Data Collection & Storage Officer would responsible under overall supervision of WH In- charge to the common Warehouse activities, assessment & analysis related data implemented within the framework of the project plans, ensuring that they are delivered following the proposal text agreed upon with the donor, and that these activities are achieving timely results.
During absence of WH Incharge, position will be wholly accountable for given activities under direct supervision of Project Lead
The incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Understand, implement and / or maintain standard Salient Humanitarian Organization inventory management policies and procedure;
- Provide information and logistics support to partners and warehouse staff where necessary;
- Responsible for data keeping/documentation at all times. Take lead in data tracking of all partners using the storage facility.
- Responsible for documentation of all receipt and dispatch (received notes/Delivery note/Stock transfer sheet/Waybills) are complete and archived in compliance with
- Salient Humanitarian Organization standards (scan documents and archive digital versions on computer) both soft and hard copies.
- Ensure the maintenance of warehouse and other relevant document.
- Update as per Salient Humanitarian Organization requirements, the asset register, Asset inventory list and expendable store inventory list and produce timely reports as requested by the warehouse in-charge and in relation to WFP standard of operations (SOPs).
- Support in preparing and sending to the warehouse and supply chain coordinator the stock report on a monthly basis.
- Develop new data collection and data analysis tools, including efficient data capturing forms.
- Cargo tracking on RITA software with the warehouse in- charge and proper takeover in his absence.
- Perform any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
- Maintain physical and digital records according to standard guidelines considering: update the Relief Item Tracking Application daily to reflect all transactions (new requests, receipt of goods, and release of goods) based on completed documentation; maintain physical records per individual request/consignment per Service User.
- Filling of waybills, consignment reports, labourers pay sheet as well as any relevant document for proper record keeping and documentation.
- Compile data of which actors are in location, what type of activities they do;
- Put together data of Partners contact list (MoU contact & actual contact)
- Collect accurate data for generator usage
- Effectively communicate the status, value, and importance of data collection to staff.
- Prepare and deliver weekly/monthly/mid term / final data reports;
- Keep and share the record of visitor: suggestions – comments – complains
- Take record of car data.
- Take minutes of internal/external meetings and keep record.
- Archive every day problems / challenges with the solutions given or suggested
- Create and maintain databases and spreadsheets that meet operational requirements.
- Assist in developing the project data collection plan including monitoring and evaluation tools.
- Support the project manager to compile data and present quality statistics that meet user needs and contribute to decision making;
- Keeping the data as up to date as possible;
- Offer IT support and training to SALIENT HUMANITARIAN ORGANISATION staff in Bama / Banki.
- IT focal point in Bama/Banki.
Essential Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer science or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Logistics;
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Word;
- Experience in working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Technical in Warehousing management (ware house management);
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
- Experience in leadership and problem solving;
- Fluency in English, both written and oral including local language;
- Capacity to adapt to basic living conditions, patience;
- Ability to put up with pressure from government agencies;
- Ability to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines;
- Strong negotiation skills; Minimum one year work experience with international/national NGOs and/or local authorities in the Nigerian context;
- Strong listening and empathy skills, as well as commitment to supporting women and children survivors/ at risk;
- Ability and motivation to work well with local authorities, local leaders and local community;
- Computer literate (Word and Excel);
- Willing to work extra hours and available at the weekend for emergency cases.
Application Closing Date
27th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should please submit their Application (Letter of Motivation and CV in a single PDF file) via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the “Job Title and Position Number” as subject of the e-mail
Or submit hard copies to:
Salient Humanitarian Organization,
Behind NTA Quarters, Off Damboa Road, Old GRA,
Maiduguri – Borno State.
- There is no need to send other certificates along with the application at this stage.
- Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
- Kindly note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
- Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.