Relief Rescue Initiative (RRI) is a National Non-governmental organization, which is committed and active in community humanitarian and developmental projects with its presence in Borno and Adamwa states. The primary focus of RRI is on the improving and alleviating the problems of the less privileged, deprived, vulnerable group and people affected by armed conflicts in their struggle to obtain a life of justice and dignity. Areas of focus includes; food security and livelihood, Nutrition, Protection, Education, Water sanitation and hygiene (WASH), Metal health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) achieved through the implementation of projects targeted at the community level especially on the most vulnerable members of the community.
In line with its focus, RRI will be implementing General Food Distributions (GFD) through In-kind and Blanket Supplementary Program (BSFP) in Magumeri LGA of Borno State. This is aimed at preventing already vulnerable House Holds from falling into starvation and malnutrition, focusing particularly on young children 6 – 23/24 months and pregnant and lactating women and girls (PLW)
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Tally Assistant
Location: Magumeri LGA, Borno
Employment Type: Contract
- The post will be responsible for the implementation of WFP funded General Food Distribution focusing on IDPs and vulnerable host communities.
- Ensuring equitable distribution, monitoring and mobilisation of the community to encourage their participation in the distribution activities.
- The roll purpose is to tally commodities and assist in stacking and physical inventory activities to maximise accuracy and efficiency of commodity management.
Main Duties / Responsibilities
- Tally receipt/dispatch of commodities including transformation of commodities during internal milling operations, identify and report to the supervisor any anomalies, to support accurate and effective commodity management in the warehouse.
- Implement and maintain accurate stacking and assist in conducting periodic physical inventory checks following the established guidelines and standards, to support compliance with internal control procedures and systems.
- Prepare accurate tally reports including efficient preparation and distribution of tally sheets to relevant parties, to ensure consistent and prompt accountability for commodity movement from/to and storage in the warehouse or at food distribution point
- Supervise the warehouse/Food distribution point cleaning after loading/unloading and reconstitution exercises, to ensure it meets the established standards.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required that may be assigned from time by supervisors.
Qualification and Education Requirements
- Interested candidates should possess a Degree with at least 2 years work experience.
- Experience in conducting basic logistics activities (tallying) and reporting skills
- Experience in implementation food distribution programmes
Knowledge and Skills:
- Professional,open, motivated, mature, creative, responsible, flexible and culturally sensitive
- Preferred: A previous experience in similar roles in a similarhumanitarian set up
- With a good knowledge of the intervention areas and local context
- A basic knowledge of the local language (Hausa/Kanuri) is an advantage.
- The ability to multitask.
- Good problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication and diplomatic skills, including writing skills and reporting skills
- Computer proficiency.
Application Closing Date
30th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as the subject of the mail.
- Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document / PDF, otherwise applications will not be considered.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.