Application Deadlines: 24th February 2021 (15:00 CET).
Eligible Countries: countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
To be taken at (country): Germany
About the Award: The Zukunftskolleg Konnect Fellowships support early career researchers from Africa, Asia and Latin America related to one of the thirteen departments of the University of Konstanz. As ZUKOnnect Fellow, you can use this time to extend your research networks and to get to know the research environment at the University of Konstanz, without losing your ties to your home university. As these fellowships can build a first bridge to the German and European academic system, we also encourage doctoral students in their last year to apply. The Zukunftskolleg will not offer employment contracts for ZUKOnnect Fellows.
Type: Research, Fellowship
Value of Award:
- A stipend of 1.200€/ month for doctoral students and 2.000€/month for postdoctoral researchers (following DAAD guidelines)
- Standard expenses for economy-class travel to Konstanz and back.
- Access to events organized by the Zukunftskolleg;
- Access to library resources;
- Access to IT services;
- Access to research support services (via Research Support);
- After the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg, ZUKOnnect Fellows can extend their affiliation with a digital fellowship for additional 6 months.
- Duration of Awards: Up to 3 months (with justification for up to 4 months). The start date is between 1 September 2021 and 1 October 2021. The on-site stipends are complemented by a digital fellowship extending it to a 12-month ZUKOnnect Fellowship.
How to Apply: Please submit your application documents in English as PDF files via our online application portal. The reference number is 2020/232. Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (including your objectives for the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg and an explanation of how your research ties in with the research landscape at the university) (maximum 2 pages)
- Short description or summary of your current research project (maximum 3 pages incl. bibliography)
- A detailed work and time plan for your on-campus research stay
- Your curriculum vitae
- Relevant certificates (doctoral certificate OR a letter from your doctoral supervisor confirming the status of your doctoral thesis)
- One academic letter of reference, on official letterhead paper and signed by the respective reviewer
More information is available online, where you will also find an extensive FAQ document.
- For more info visit