1. As an Economic Researcher and the newly appointed Special Adviser to Mr. President on Research and Innovation, you will be working with data that have various time dimensions, which you will obtain from different sources, such as the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) database. Based on this, you are required to:
A. Mention three data classifications based on time dimension and explain them.
B. Explain six things you will take into account before using data from CBN database for your research.
C. Identify four transformations that you can perform on the data from CBN database and give two reasons why each transformation is beneficial.
D. Mention five rules that will guide you in presenting your research data to the reading public.
- According to a known School of Thought, Research refers to any new science or thinking that will result in a new product or new features for an existing product. Research can be broken down into either basic research or applied research, among others. Basic research seeks to delve into scientific principles from an academic standpoint, while applied research aims to use that basic research in a real-world setting. Research and development (R&D) is the part of a company’s operations that seeks knowledge to develop, design, and enhance its products, services, technologies, or processes. Along with creating new products and adding features to old ones, investing in research and development connects various parts of a company’s strategy and business plan. According to the Business Enterprise Research and Development survey by the National Center for Science and Engineering and the U.S. Census Bureau, businesses in the US spent $32.5 billion to support their R&D activities in 2020. As the Director of Research at the Central Bank of Nigeria, without any surreptitious tendencies, clinically discuss and analyse the rationale and purposes of research you learnt while you were in the University.
- Congratulations! You have just been allocated your project supervisors and you are highly elated. Guess what? Undergraduate research project is an independent effort required of students in tertiary institutions. The students, though supervised by an academic staff, are to carry out interesting research within their area of study and interest. The supervisor is primarily to receive proposals of the research interest, approve it, provide guidance and assess the work at the end. An external supervisor as usual, also provides an external and independent assessment of their research work. The proposal for the topic is to include the intended subject of study, a brief description, justification for the work, aims and milestones, software and hardware to be employed, assumptions to be made, the methodologies involved and the references. There are standards in the research build-up, actual research, presentation and print submissions. These put the students in shape for the strict rules they are to face after-school. In developing the content, there are certain guidelines that would be beneficial. As a brilliant scholar, Clearly list and discuss the five chapters (broadly) and other sub-divisions found in an undergraduate research project report..
- .Research is a dynamic process of planning and collecting of data systematically, analyzing and interpreting data such that dependable solutions are achieved at the end of the process. Discuss
- The types of research are dependent on the problem, purpose, its nature, procedure or other general classifications. Based on this approach, research can be divided into several dichotomous and polychotomous areas. Clearly discuss the various types of research you have learnt and how they are applicable to the Nigerian Economy.
- High-quality data allows researchers to interpret findings accurately, act as a foundation for future studies, and give credibility to their research. If you work in human services because you hate math, terms like “data,” “quantitative analysis,” or “pivot table” might sound scary. Don’t be intimidated! Data does not have to be complicated. Simply stated, data is useful information that you collect to support organizational decision-making and strategy. In view of this For data to be useful, there are various manipulations and transformations that might be necessary. Discuss
- A rigorous literature review is needed to establish the context and rationale for your study and to confirm your choice of research focus/question. As the study period gets longer, you need to make sure that you keep in touch with current, relevant research in your field, which is published during the period of your research. As you prepare your final report or thesis, you need to relate your findings to the findings of others, and to identify their implications for theory, practice, and research. Discuss
- The research process entails a systematic endeavor to acquire knowledge, resolve issues, or address particular inquiries. The process is a series of systematic procedures that a researcher must undertake to generate valuable knowledge that is relevant to the project and focused on the relevant subject matter. Do you agree?
- The quest for knowledge is a germane task in an ever increasing changing world from the rear to the fore; from basic to advance and from spatial to a global village. Hence, survival in a world of such dynamism can only be
tenable through positive adaptation which is a product of epistemological and ontological truths. Achieving this brings research to bear which is aimed at digging up knowledge for personal and public consumption, while seeking remedy to problems. Research as a factor of discovery and rediscovery of knowledge becomes a relevant ingredient for personal, organizational and national development. A branch of research that explores, explains and describes human behaviorism and interactions and their consequences on human existence and activities, is the social research. However, conducting social science research in Nigeria is riddled with many challenges. Discuss
- Congratulations! Your supervisor has just approved your Bsc project topic of your choice.. You are required to write a proposal to that you will submit to your supervisor for presentation during a seminar that will be scheduled soon. What will you submit to your supervisor? Remember to make a detailed write up on each of the sections of the proposals.Choosing a researchable topic in a contemporary research project is a multifaceted and multifarious task. As a budding researcher, clearly justify or refute this assertion.