APPLY NOW! Finance Officer, needed at Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION), Enugu
Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is a result-oriented social enterprise, which uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide reproductive health care and allied services. MSION’s goal is to meet the needs of underserved Nigerians and dramatically improve access and use of a range of reproductive health services.
MSION is part of Marie Stopes International’s Global Partnership which is in over 37 countries worldwide and it operates in Nigeria through six service delivery channels.
POSITION: FINANCE OFFICER
• Implement accounting and internal control systems to protect against fraud, waste, and misuse of financial resources while ensuring segregation of duties in the processing of transactions.
• Prepare bank reconciliation report and income report on a monthly basis.
• Monitor budgets to ensure that spending occurs as planned, review budget amount against actual expenditures, and prepare variance analysis report on a monthly and quarterly basis.
• Daily transaction input into Marie Stopes International’s SUN system.
• Ensure that expenses are properly coded and allocated to the relevant cost centres/projects within the region.
• Review and process cash requests/retirements. Periodic review of staff accounts and proper allocation of retired expenses against the cash advance.
• Management of the petty cash/float at the region.
• Work closely with the Regional Manager to Collate quarterly budgets from the Team Members.
• Contribute to monthly management and periodic statutory reports/meetings.
• Ensuring regional field office funds requests are in line with specific project budget and allowable expenses.
• Ensure the remittance of all statutory deductions to appropriate authorities within the region.
• Timely payments to Mobilizers, casual/contract staff, providers of products and services
• Coordinate payments for all project activities.
• Ensure proper controls are placed at centre/clinic and provide support to centre manager(s) in time.
• Ensure WHT’s are being deducted and deposited to authorities/states in time
• Ensure that expenses/retirements are properly filed are the regional office.
• Ensure assets are properly accounted for and maintained at the regional level.
• Post and report monthly clinic/SF income in the region.
• Work closely with the regional procurement committee to ensure that MSION procurement policy is adhered to.
• Monitor the monthly/periodic stocktaking at the region.
• Any other task assigned by Line Manager, Regional Manager, and any other superior officer.
• B.Sc./HND Accounting preferred master’s degree holder with ACA qualification or equivalent.
• 3 – 5 years experience in a similar role with an INGO/NGO, private or public organisation
• Ability to use SUN Accounting package
• A good team player with interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multitask, manage workload and produce high-quality, on-time work and reports.
Note: There are no relocation allowances available for this position.
Interested persons may send a comprehensive resume with a brief cover letter as ONE MS Word document or PDF to MSNGrecruitment@mariestopes.org.ng, no later than May 26, 2023. If you wish to be considered for the post, please specify the position in the subject line. Note that if the underline instructions are not followed application will not be considered.
Children by Choice, not by Chance.