The 2023 MasterCard KNUST Undergraduate Scholarships provide academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant university education. The Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper.
All people, no matter where their starting point in life, should have an equal chance to succeed. We believe that with access to education, financial services, and skills training, people can have that chance. Our focus is helping economically disadvantaged young people in Africa to find opportunities to move themselves, their families, and their communities out of poverty to a better life
The Scholarship packages include:
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation, and monthly stipend).
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services, mentoring (Go-back Give- Back), and uniquely sourced internships.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
- The opportunity to be enrolled in an accelerated Master’s Degree after undergraduate studies with an MCF Partner institution in the USA.
|School of Study||Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology (KNUST)|
|Application deadline||July 31, 2023|
|Reward value||· Full Scholarship|
· Monthly Stipend
· Transportation Allowance
Who is eligible to apply?
To qualify for the 2023 MasterCard KNUST Undergraduate Scholarships, candidates must fulfill all of the following requirements below:
- All Applicants must have a WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level and A’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognized institution and Certificate Ready and must meet KNUST’s Admission Requirements.
- The Applicant must demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Females and Physically Challenged Applicants shall be given top priority.
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
Note: NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted. The applicant’s result must be at least a year old.
Required Language: English.
Eligible Countries: African countries.
2023 MasterCard KNUST Undergraduate Scholarships Application Process
Follow the steps below to apply for the 2023 MasterCard KNUST Undergraduate Scholarships:
- Download a copy of the 2023/2024 application form here
- Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS or any other courier mail to:
The Program Manager
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Secretariat
No 1 Africa Hall Impact Building
AK 315 4897
- The award of the Scholarship will be published on Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, KNUST website
- Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interviews which will be held at MCFSP at KNUST Secretariat
International Applicants Should Note
When submitting your scholarship application form to the Secretariat, submit these additional documents:
- The printout of your application for admission at KNUST.
- Original Certificates for both O’Level and A’Level results or their equivalent results.
For any further inquiry consult – Scholarship Application – Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, KNUST