VISUALISE–SUCCESS SUMMIT(UNDERSTANDING THE “S.T.R.I.V.E” FORMULA FOR SUCCESS}
SUCCESS TONICS SUMMIT
23rd January, 2023.
Speaker: Dr. Tony Orji
UNDERSTANDING THE “S.T.R.I.V.E” FORMULA FOR SUCCESS
Visualization is to form a mental image or imagine. It entails using our mental eyes to focus on the future. Visualizing helps a man in actualizing greatness.
WHY WE NEED TO VISUALIZE:
- It helps you to achieve your goal by conditioning your brain to see,hear and feel the success in your mind.
- Visualizing the outcome you want can increase your confidence.
- Seeing yourself succeed helps you believe that it can and will happen.
- Helps you decrease anxiety.
- Enhances performance.
- Boosts your motivation.
- Helps you adopt a healthier and better lifestyle.
- Reduces pain and stress of the unknown.
- Helps you to see, interact with and better understand yourself, your discipline or life in general.
Characteristics of Visualization.
- Accuracy: Being precise on our visions and life in general. It concretes our plans and vision.
- Clarity & Succinct: Visions must be simple and clear to run with.
• Empowering: Our visions must be able to activate more visions to run with.
How Do We Visualize;
- See it with the mind’s eyes and apply positive emotions to it (feed your visions).
- Write in details what you want as you visualize; it expands your horizon.
- Take action each day towards your desired vision.
Osborn states 7 steps to Imagination in his book, “Applied Imagination.”
–Orientation: Pointing out ideas & problems.
–Preparation: Gathering data.
–Analysis: Study the life of people that run with the kind of visions/ambitions you have.
–Ideation: Pulling up alternative ways of ideas.
–Incubation: Think through the ideas & alternatives.
–Synthesis: Bring together the ideas.
–Implementation & Evaluation: Judging the resultant effect and making them reality.
- Success that is not updated is a current failure.
Click here to download the speech