SATS scholarship is now open for emerging theologians interested in Studies in Church and Society with ‘The Africa We Want’ (African Union Agenda 2063). This exciting opportunity is for a full Ph.D. scholarship enabling emerging scholars to make an original contribution by addressing African realities in conversation with regional and global trends.
Who is eligible to apply?
SATS scholarship is available to:
- Applicants who live in the African continent.
- Applicants who hold accredited research master’s degrees in Theology or related fields.
Note: Applicants who meet all the academic and registration requirements will be considered for a full Ph.D. scholarship at SATS. The committee will select only one applicant for the scholarship. The scholarship is conditional upon continued performance throughout the doctoral journey.
SATS scholarship application process
To apply for SATS scholarships, write an essay and email it to Marilyn Schott, the SATS Ph.D. registrar, at email@example.com. The essay must include the following:
- Your personal profile including a description of the ministry in which you are involved (100-200 words)
- Preliminary title (10-25 words)
- An abstract (200-300 words)
- A short explanation of the uniqueness of your proposed research (50-100 words)
- A short description of the potential significance of your proposed research (100-200 words)
- Tell us why you think you merit the scholarship (100-200 words)
Ensure your essay includes a focus on Studies in Church and Society and the Africa We Want (Agenda 2063). Any essays that do not fulfill these requirements will not be considered. A panel of SATS academics will draw a shortlist of the three most promising applications. They will submit a recommendation to SATS’s Management Team for approval. Next, SATS will engage with the chosen candidate to clarify the final details and conditions of the scholarship. The chosen candidate will be announced by 9th December 2022. Finally, arrangements will be made for the candidate to formally commence their Ph.D. studies.
|Study mode:||On-campus learning|
|Application deadline||7th November 2022|
|Financing:||Fully funded Scholarship|
Direct all questions about the SATS scholarship to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the link below to apply for this scholarship: