TETFUND Alliance for Innovative Research (TETFAIR) is an outstanding opportunity for researchers and academics in Nigerian Universities to transform their ideas into market-driven solutions. This is also a grand opportunity for the development and fabrication of prototypes proudly sponsored by TETFUND. TETFAIR is a one-year program for selected teams of researchers and academic staff, who have ideas for innovative solutions in one of the highlighted areas of focus which includes Information Communication Technology (ICT), Security, Agriculture, and Food Technology. The selected candidates will be taken through a journey that combines Technology and product development along with venture creation.
This one-year program features both online and offline and it includes:
- Practical training, tailored mentorship, integration of tools for entrepreneurial and creative thinking and behavior, business model development, alongside product and technology development methodologies, advanced design methods, and familiarity with the world of patents and economic aspects of entrepreneurship.
- Access to the INNOV8 HUB in Abuja – an ultramodern fabrication and innovation center designated for the development of prototypes with the support of professional experts.
- An all-expense paid training in Abuja which will cover flights, accommodation, feeding, and daily stipends.
- Opportunity to showcase the innovations to relevant potential design partners/ strategic partners/ investors (local and foreign)
- The journey is designed and facilitated in collaboration with international experts from the acclaimed Zell entrepreneurship program. The technology development journey will include hands-on support from experts in collaboration with Makelab.
Who is eligible to apply?
Find below the eligibility requirements for the 2022 TETFAIR program:
- You should be a team of between 2 to 4 researchers/academic staff, from a Nigerian university (TETFund enlisted beneficiary Institution). Your idea should be one of our areas of focus. Your vice chancellor’s office would need to approve your nomination by signing an endorsement form.
- Your team should include multidisciplinary complementary skills that can potentially take the idea (with our help and mentorship) from an idea, through the development and fabrication of the prototype to a market-driven product.
- Ideally, your team should include:
- A member who has an idea for an innovative solution and has relevant knowledge and skills.
- A member who has additional complementary relevant skills (technical/scientific/mechanical/medical/engineering, depending on your area of focus).
- A member with financial/business/entrepreneurial skills or orientation.
- Your innovation should be at the idea stage or early stages of development.
- Ideally, your invention should include a hardware/physical element (Not only digital elements)
2022 TETFAIR application process
Interested researchers should apply for the 2022 TETFAIR before the stipulated deadline on the 31st of October 2022. Successful applicants would be selected and shortlisted for interviews. Applicants who qualify would proceed for a Bootcamp at Abuja and begin their TETFAIR journey.
For more information on this opportunity, click the link below:
Leave a Reply