Applications are now open for the Baobab digital innovative scholarship 2023/2024. The partnership between Mastercard Foundation and the Arizona State University, USA will provide graduate scholarships for young African professionals at the master’s level for various programs over 4 years (2021– 2025).
This Mastercard fully funded Baobab digital innovative scholarship is an on-campus 2-year master’s program with a focus on training EdTech experts for Africa. 10 Scholarships are available for students admitted for the 2023/2024 academic year, which will cover the full tuition fees, expenses for accommodation, and comprehensive support for the 2-year graduate program.
Scholars will participate in the activities of Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Arizona State University, featuring leadership curriculum, individual mentorship, and other events and programming. Successful scholars also have the opportunity to work part-time with the Baobab team to gain firsthand experience implementing the strategic objectives of the Baobab Platform.
A major goal of the Baobab digital innovative scholarship program is for the participants to return to their respective home countries to invest their skills and education in the social and economic growth of their country.
Who is eligible to apply?
The stipulated requirements for Baobab digital innovative scholarship award are as follows:
- Applicants must want to apply for one of the eligible programs listed above.
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the degree of their choice, that includes a high level of English proficiency.
- Applicants must be a citizen of an African country.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35 on or before the application deadline.
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service in their community.
- Applicants must present economically disadvantaged financial circumstances and be able to show lack of financial means from family or other sources to pursue graduate education in their home country or elsewhere.
- Applicants must have earned an undergraduate degree with a required minimum 4 years of study.
- Applicants must not have started or completed other graduate degrees before August 2023.
- Applicants must be able to live in Phoenix, Arizona for the duration of the program.
Note: Women, refugees, displaced persons, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
BAOBAB digital innovative scholarship application process
Interested scholars who meet the above entry requirements are encouraged to complete the downloadable BAOBAB digital innovative scholarship form and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, interested scholars can apply here and are advised to save responses in any word processor before proceeding to fill the form. Interviews will be held in November 2022 for successful applicants via phone calls or videos. All successful applicants will travel to Phoenix, Arizona to join the Program in July 2023.
|Study mode:||On-campus learning|
|Application deadline||16:00 GMT (9:00AM AZ time) on Friday, 7 October 2022|
|Financing:||Fully funded Scholarships Available for Africans|
Direct all further questions to email@example.com and check out BAOBAB digital innovative scholarship FAQs here.
Click on the link below for more details and application: https://asu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1FSFzi4btD70ASO