Helmholtz Visiting Researcher Grant
Who can apply?
Requirements for applicants include the following:
- master’s degree with at least 3 years of research experience or PhD/doctorate; doctoral students and postdocs of all nationalities are eligible to apply
- project with a strong link to the (applied) data and information sciences
- applications will be accepted from German or international research organisations, universities or the private sector
What form does funding take?
The main scholarship benefits are as follows:
- funding of short-term research stays with a duration of 1 to 3 months
- depending on academic level, grant holders will receive approximately 2,800 euros per month to cover living costs
- additional allowances for travel, family etc. might apply
- access to state-of-the-art scientific infrastructures at Germany’s largest scientific organisation
When is the closing date for applications?
The upcoming application deadline is 15 October 2022. The following application deadline will be in mid-March 2023. (There are two application deadlines per year.)
Terms and conditions of application
The terms and conditions of application can be found here: