APPLY NOW! INSTRUCTOR(S) FOR POLICIES AND REGULATIONS ON AGENT BANKING AND DIGITAL FINANCIAL SERVICES WORKSHOP (PHYSICAL) NEEDED AT AERC
The call for expression of interest
As part of the AERC capacity building activities under the BMGF Advancing Financial Services for the Poor in East African Community (EAC) collaborative research project, AERC is planning to hold a three-day hybrid training workshop on policies and regulations on agent banking and digital financial services from October 12 – 14, 2022. The workshop takes about 3 working days during which the participants learn theory and practice related to contents of the course and make presentations to the rest of the participants. This is therefore a call for expression of interest by qualified instructors to offer the course. Participants in this workshop are researchers and technical personnel from the following six EAC countries: Kenya, Uganda, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, and Tanzania.
Terms of reference
The terms of reference for the instructor include the following tasks:
• Preparation of the workshop agenda and technical prospectus to be used in the workshop-to be shared with AERC prior to the workshop
• Identification of relevant materials, documentations and software for use during the workshop
• Train all researchers on policies and regulations on agent banking and digital financial services. This is to enable participants better understand national financial inclusion strategies, requirements on disclosure and payment systems oversight among other topics relevant to this workshop.
• Lead the discussions and provide the participants with extensive exposure to a selected number of useful topics and issues in course which include are not limited to policies and regulations on agent banking and digital financial services.
• Prepare a report on the proceedings of the workshop -to be shared with AERC at the end of the training.
• Perform any other activities as mutually agreed upon between instructor and AERC.
Selection of the instructor(s) will be based on the following criteria:
• At least a master’s in economics, finance or any other related field. Having a PhD degree will be an added advantage.
• Published in refereed/peer reviewed outlets (Journal Articles, Books and Book Chapters)
• Experience in teaching at least at graduate degree level
• Experience in offering similar courses
• Practical knowledge in collecting and using time series, panel and/or survey data
• Proficiency in use of econometric software (e.g. STATA, R, EVIEWS etc.)
• A brief outline of what will be covered in the course to accompany the application
• Good command in English and/or French
1. Number of participants- about 30
2. The participants will use their own computers.
3. The full set of materials prepared for the course will be put on a flash disk/drop box for participants to access.
4. Photocopying facilities on site are not available but can be done at the hotel business center (likely to be very expensive).
5. Daily sessions start from 9:00AM to about 5:00PM (GMT+3) with lunch break of about one hour and two tea/coffee breaks of about 30 minutes each. This information should help in devising an appropriate break down and the components of the course for each day.
6. The instructor will provide all the practice datasets/case studies for uniformity.
7. PowerPoint projectors and white board/flipcharts will be provided
8. Course will be undertaken at a venue to be identified in Kenya or a neighbouring country.
We would like to invite you to send your expression of interest to offer this course to AERC current researchers under the collaborative project on Human Capital Development in Africa. To express your interest in offering this course, kindly send your CV and a brief course outline to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The CV should not be more than 6 pages and should clearly indicate all the information relevant to this call. The biographical section of the CV must include the researcher’s nationality, gender, and full contact details. Your expression of interest will be evaluated by the AERC procurement unit, and we will let you know the outcome in a period of two weeks after the deadline. The subject of your email should read “INSTRUCTOR – POLICIES AND REGULATIONS ON AGENT BANKING AND DIGITAL FINANCIAL SERVICES”
Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
AERC will offer a moderate honorarium for the services provided during that period including the time required for preparation of the course and mentoring the researchers. If selected, AERC will provide an air ticket to and from the venue of the workshop; accommodation; per diem, visa fee and other expenses as will be specified in the agreement letter.
If you are interested, kindly respond by August 30, 2022.
For more info click on the links below: