AFRICAN ECONOMIC RESEARCH CONSORTIUM
Call for Application for PhD Thesis Research Grant Support 2022/2023
The African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) was established in 1988 as a public not-for-profit organization devoted to the advancement of economic policy research and training in Africa. The Consortium’s mandate and strategic intent is built on the basis that sustained development in sub-Saharan Africa requires well-trained, locally based professional economists. AERC agitates the provision of capacity building in economic policy in Francophone and Anglophone African countries through the provision of support in the areas of policy research and graduate training.
AERC wishes to announce the 2022/2023 Ph.D. thesis research grant support for African graduate students registered in a PhD degree programme in Economics at institutions within or outside Africa.
Eligibility Criteria and Application Procedure for PhD Thesis Research Awards
Graduate students are eligible to apply for this award provided:
• They are African graduate students registered in a doctoral degree program in Economics at a recognized university either within or outside Africa;
• They have completed all course requirements for the degree;
• They have successfully defended their proposals and they are in the writing phase of the dissertation;
• They have not received any other funding to support these dissertation activities outlined in the PhD proposal/budget; and
• The field of dissertation proposal, as approved by the thesis advisor, falls within any of the following the AERC’s five broad thematic areas:
✓ Poverty, Labour Markets, and Income Distribution
✓ Macroeconomic Policy and Growth
✓ Finance and Resource Mobilization
✓ Production, Trade and Economic Integration
✓ Agriculture, Climate Change and Natural Resource Management
Requests should be supported by the following documentation:
• Evidence of registration in a recognized PhD programme in Economics.
• A copy of approved research proposal, complete with clearly defined objectives, substantial literature review, a well‐outlined analytical framework as well as a pertinent research methodology.
• A letter of reference from the thesis supervisor.
• A description of the plan of work for the thesis research including details of fieldwork and write-up.
• A detailed budget.
• Evidence of any additional financial support that may be necessary to complete the programme.
• A curriculum vitae.
Applications should be submitted by 20th July 2022 to:
Director of Training
African Economic Research Consortium (AERC)
3rd Floor, MEBANK Towers, Jakaya Kikwete Road
P.O. Box 62882-00200 Nairobi, Kenya
Tel (254-20) 2734163; 722205272; 733333298
Click on the link below to read more, apply and share: