Vacancy for External Affairs Manager at UNILEVER Plc
MAIN JOB PURPOSE:
- To provide expertise support by protecting and enhancing Unilever’s reputation and nurturing and managing relationships with key stakeholders in Nigeria, while driving policy advocacy and issue management where required in Nigeria.
- The role will support the Corporate Affairs and Sustainable Business Director who leads the cluster in managing external relations (government relations, community relations among other external public stakeholders in Nigeria)
- Manage external affairs which includes government relations, community relations among other external public stakeholders in Nigeria
- Nurture and manage relationships with key stakeholders in Nigeria, while driving policy advocacy and issues-management where required.
- Build a network of key external stakeholder and opinion formers and maintain strong relations with them, including non-governmental stakeholders such as industry colleagues and interest groups
- Maintain an active monitoring process on key policy making bodies, proactively sensitize the business to ensure that it is kept abreast of policy formulations and strategically develop recommendation on any potential issues that may impact the company.
- Manage and advocate for specific policy issues and develop position papers, policy papers, and appropriate data for key government stakeholders.
- Support key functions within the business on issues-management & proactively improve company relationships with key stakeholders within Public and Private Sectors
- Collaborate with External Partners, Industry Associations, Chambers of Commerce, multilateral agencies, high commissions on issues that impact on the business
- Proactively monitor and inform the business on evolving policy or regulatory acts that can impact on the business (Track and provide legislative and regulatory information on country issues to internal stakeholders highlighting the impact to business sustainability)
- Create, cultivate, and deepen strategic partnerships with key communities and groups.
- Collaborate and communicate with internal and external stakeholders to effectively promote community relation events.
- Develop goals, strategies, and guidelines, in conjunction with relevant stakeholders for community partnerships and programs that are aligned with Unilever’s objective.
- Identify mechanisms to measure and direct and indirect impact of community relations initiatives on engagement, strategic objectives, and brand enhancement.
- Monitor social and community trends and issues.
- Develop, implement, and manage programs of high impact and high visibility community involvement for Unilever
- Leadership Skills, Influencing Skills, Communicating Skills, Negotiation skill, Execution and Problem Resolution, Risk Management, Team Players
- Supply Chain
- Regulatory affairs
- Regional Corporate Affairs team
- Government Officials
- Community Leaders
- Organised Private Sector bodies, &
- Community leaders and stakeholders
- Relevant Marketing / Business degree
- 5-7 years of experience in similar role.
Unilever is an organisation committed to equity, inclusion and diversity to drive our business results and create a better future, every day, for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business. At Unilever we are interested in every individual bringing their ‘Whole Self’ to work and this includes you! Thus if you require any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of your application so that we can support you through your recruitment journey.
Click on the link below to read more and apply: