Congratulations! Now you are ready to go to Camp and serve your father land for one year under the National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) scheme. As you prepare to go to Camp, these are some of the essential things to need to make life interesting for yourself in Camp:
1. NYSC Call-up Letter. You need original and photocopies. Thus shows that you are an authentic and prospective corper
2. School Identity Card. You need original and photocopies. This is to ascertain that you really attended the school indicated on your call up letter.
3. Passport photographs. You are encouraged to print several copies of your recent passports because they are required for registration and other activities on camp.
4. Certificates or Statement of Result. You need original and photocopies. These include your Certificates for the course you studied and other professional certificates.
5. Certificate of fitness. You need original and photocopies from a government approved hospital. This is to certify and indicating your current health status.
6. Bank Account details (including BVN). This is necessary to enable you receive your allowance regularly.
7.File Jackets to neatly hold your original and photocopied documents.
8. Round Neck White T-Shirt. Although these are among the items you would be given as your NYSC kits in camp, it is still necessary to have extras that can take you for week.
9.Stationery. These include Pen, jotter, Stapler, staple pins, paper glue, White-out or tipex. You would need them registration.
10.White shorts. They will give you some of these kits on camp but you need extras since you would be wearing them most times during your orientation.
11. White socks are needed items and are equally necessary as your white t-shirt and short.
12.Plain white tennis shoes falls among your frequently used items necessary for those early morning drills.
13.Underwear is necessary for camping. Go with the ones that are sufficiently enough for your stay in camp and also keep them clean to avoid sickness and diseases.
14. Provisions. You need this for additional food requirements that you probably would not get sufficiently in your daily ration at the orientation camp. Provisions would help you not to get hungry easily.
15.Toiletries. You need things like tooth brush, toothpaste, bathing soap, toilet paper, sponge, body cream, disinfectant, sanitary towel and light make-up accessories, (for ladies), pegs, few cloth hangers, Detergents, antiseptic such as Dettol, bathing soap, small face mirror, towel and comb, and other toiletries you may deem necessary..
16.Waist Pouch. This is a very necessary companion to have around the camp while you engage in various activities.
17. Money and ATM cards. Money answereth all things even at the NYSC Camp. So you need cash to meet up with your daily needs. However, you must avoid having excess than you may require to avoid wastage or theft.
18.Good Mosquito net. This is to prevent mosquito bite which may lead to malaria and other diseases. .A good treated mosquito net is good for this purpose.
19. Phone and its accessories like battery, charger, etc. You also need a phone with good camera so that you can snap and document some beautiful memories at the orientation camp. If you don’t want to use your phone, you can buy a digital camera. You also need your phone for music or you buy MP3 player to enjoy your music.
20. Touch light for dark places
21.Buckets, food flasks, spoons and cups for drinking
22. Blanket and other bedding accessories
23. Small padlock for your travel bags
24. Face mask and hand sanitizers
25. Personal Diary to document some exciting moments and experiences at the orientation camp and through the service year.
26. Curriculum Vitae and other job preparatory materials. You need a well prepared CV because some Employers come over to camp to advertise jobs or scout for corpers to work for them. Again, you also need to go to Camp with other Job preparatory materials such as GMATs or other books to help you prepare for job interviews. You may need to apply for different jobs and attend different interviews during the period of your NYSC so these materials would be vert helpful to get you prepared.
27. Don’t forget your bible, religious books and other motivational books for spiritual nourishment.
You can add more and share this with your friends.
Also add your comments.