UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA
OFFICE OF THE VICE CHANCELLOR
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS OF DESERVING STAFF FOR THE UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE AWARDS 2021
The University of Nigeria administration has instituted the above awards for its deserving staff, Deans, Directors, Heads of Academic/Administrative Departments and interested individuals staff members to submit nominations in line with the instructions below (see serial No. iv), to The Chairman, University of Nigeria Excellent Performance Award Committee, Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration), on or before September 24, 2021. All nominations should be enclosed in sealed envelopes and marked “Excellent Performance Award 2021”.
IMPLEMENTATION PARADIGM FOR THE AWARDS
i. Categories of Award
1. Academic Staff Category – Professorial and Non-Professorial cadres
2. Non-Academic Staff Category – Senior and Junior Staff
ii. Number of Recipients for Each Category
1. Academic Staff – Four Awards: Two for Professorial cadre and two for Non- Professorial cadre.
2. Non-Academic Staff – Four Awards: Two for Senior Staff and two for Junior Staff
iv. Nominations of Potential Awardees
Selection by the Committee shall be from the following sources:
1. Individual applications to the Committee by staff.
2. Recommendations by the Deans, Directors and Heads of Academic/ Administrative Department of qualified staff, who did not apply on their own.
v. Criteria for Selection of Deserving Staff
1. Academic Staff Category
* Brief biographic citation of nominee (100 words)
* Teaching (Information presented in the course, Quality of assessment of students; Availability to students; Timely completion of lecturers; Early release of results; Overall relationship with students; and ICT orientation) (30 marks).
* Research Output (Cutting edge work; Innovation; Discovery; Publications that add to the visibility of the University) (50 marks). NOTE: The acceptable research
output should be published within two years of the year for the Award’s. However,
for the commencement year of 2016, publications for the past five years will be
acceptable. * Attendance/Presentation of Papers at International Conferences (10 marks). * Mentorship of Students/Young Lecturers (10 marks).
2. Non–Academic Staff Category * Brief biographic citation of nominee (100 words) * Punctuality/Regularity to duty * Timely completion of assigned responsibility * Quality of work output * Commitment to duty * Integrity * Discipline * Creativity * Innovation * ICT orientation * Relationship with fellow staff and customers
(TEN  MARKS FOR EACH OF THE ABOVE)
vi. Scoring Style
Marks shall be earned on the basis of the quality and relevance of the facts/stories
explaining each empirical referent for the two categories of the Award. In other words,
what the nominees had actually done will really be used to evaluate them. The scoring
will be evidence – based.
vii. Prizes for Each Awardee
i. A well designed certificate of very high quality ii. Cash award of not less than two hundred thousand naira (N200,000.00)
viii. Frequency of the Awards
The award shall be an annual event, normally during the Founders’ Day celebrations
ix. Scoring Modality x. Scoring Modalities 1. Academic Staff Category
a. The scoring shall be weighted as follows:
Excellent (4 marks)
Very Adequate (3 marks)
Adequate (2 marks)
Fairly Adequate (1 mark)
Inadequate (No mark)
Click on the link below to download the full call for nominations:
Professor Pat Okpoko Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration), Chairman, University of Nigeria Excellent Performance Award Committee