This role will help advance and develop Crisis Group’s work on gender and conflict, in line with our gender-sensitive research methodology. The research assistant will support and conduct gender-sensitive research and analysis, both bespoke research undertaken by the gender team, and research across the organisation’s geographic and thematic programs. The role will consist primarily of desk research on gender and conflict related issues, supporting the organisation’s internal training resources, and helping promote our work externally. It is an exciting opportunity for an early career professional looking to build their expertise in the field of gender and conflict.
- Manage information resources on gender and conflict internally, and maintain Crisis Group’s tracker on gender and conflict to support overall development, grant reporting, and monitoring and evaluation requirements;
- Conduct desk research on Gender, Peace and Security, particularly the different roles and agencies of women in conflict, and draft written materials as appropriate;
- Help promote the gender project by drafting communications materials (including opeds and social media output) and coordinating panels and launch events;
- Provide support to the Project Director and Senior Analyst, Gender for Crisis Group activities and projects;
- Carry out administrative duties as necessary.
- Post-graduate qualification in international relations, gender studies, political science, sociology or equivalent through experience;
- Two years of professional experience in government, academia, international organisations, NGOs or journalism;
- Proven research, writing, analytical and communication skills, with experience producing literature reviews and curating social media content;
- Experience in organizing training is a plus;
- Understanding of the key debates around and dimensions of gender-attuned approaches to conflict and conflict prevention is preferable, as is some field experience in fragile and conflict-affected states;
- Fluency in English and strong English drafting skills; knowledge of French and/or Spanish and/or Arabic advantageous.
Click on the link below to apply: