Manager, Human Resources at M-KOPA
This is an amazing opportunity for a passionate and talented HR Generalist to innovate alongside a stellar growing people team who are equally passionate and driven. The Manager – Human Resources, will be expected to support the business by being a trusted business partner to the stakeholders and staff in these functions. They will act as a primary point of contact, serving as a connector to internal (local and global) HR functions, an advisor on all people processes, procedures, and initiatives. They will have both administrative and strategic responsibilities, helping us to plan and administer important functions, such as staffing, training and development, and compensation and benefits. They will also work collaboratively with various stakeholders to deliver solutions to the Nigeria team while also contributing to the overall growth and success of the People team.
- Assist in the execution of the daily operational activities within HR in Nigeria and provide support and guidance to both managers and staff. This includes but is not limited to assisting in developing and executing local people procedures and policies, development of people objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and standard reports for ongoing company requirements.
- Assist in administering benefits, compensation, and employee performance programs
- Support managers in cultivating a high-performance, innovation driven culture, and ensure that performance management experiences are effective and empowering, prioritizing fairness and objectivity.
- Support in ensuring legal compliance of HR policies and Nigeria employment regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required.
- Oversee and improve all administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, and exit interviews, including ensuring up to date data in HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance.
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters.
- Work closely with the payroll team to effectively ensure timely payroll processing, including updates to employee files, bonus/incentive pay, tracking vacation/sick leave, exceptions and benefit changes.
- Connect managers and staff through the Learning and Development function to compelling learning opportunities to address mentorship, coaching for performance and growth, advising on career opportunities.
- Monitor and implement, in close conjunction with your manager, staff retention, career and succession strategies. Work proactively to identify underperformance and thoughtfully address it professionally and swiftly.
- Participate in Employee Experience measurement programs, action planning and champion the cause of employee experience as a measure of leadership.
- Support coaching and development of leaders/managers on how to inspire and influence their teams as well as improve on their communication practices.
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook and organizational chart.
- Work closely and effectively global HR Shared Services and Centers of Excellence teams to identify best practice and use it to define effective local business interventions.
- Share knowledge and insights with the wider People team to help shape best practice from a people perspective.
EXPERIENCE ,SKILLS & COMPETENCIES.
- You have a strong sense of business ethics and ability to appropriately handle confidential information.
- You demonstrate a deep understanding of Human Resources Management Processes, Culture and Performance Management with a ‘never settle mindset’ – always thinking big picture.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills stellar emotional intelligence with a specific focus on self-moderation, cultivating relationships and empathy.
- You have exceptional communication skills both verbal and written, the ability to present and facilitate effectively. Storytelling via presentations is a strongly preferred skill.
- You have the ability to create effective working partnerships with senior leaders, challenge the thinking of others in respectful and thoughtful ways, influence upwards.
- You have a strong interest in leveraging data to inform decisions and can draw insights from data to improve processes, employee engagement and policy alignment across the business.
- You are excited about working in a challenging, changing, complex business environment that is constantly evolving and where we challenge conventional HR every day.
- You are able to design and implement of employee engagement strategies that will meaningfully impact the individual and organization experience.
- You have the ability to coach employees and management through complex, difficult issues.
- You are expected to act as a senior member of the local HR team, leading and mentoring upcoming HR staff.
- You are able to identify process and compliance gaps in HR practices, escalate and work with COE/Shared Services to build action plans to address, and improve employee experience.
- You have knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g. country labor/employee relations statutes and capacity to apply them to M-KOPA.
- Ability to adapt applicable global labour laws into local practices as required.
At M-KOPA, our aim is to increase access to life-improving technologies at huge scale. We do this through an innovative credit model – pay-as-you-go asset financing – of which M-KOPA was an early global pioneer. With offices in Nairobi, Kampala, Lagos, and London, M-KOPA serves over 1 million low-income households in Sub-Saharan Africa. Since its commercial launch in 2012, M-KOPA has made its name in off-grid solar power, providing customers with solar panels and solar-powered lights, televisions, radios, fridges, and more – this is often our customers’ first access to electricity.
M-KOPA’s affordable credit model can also be applied to assets beyond off-grid solar power, and in 2019, we began providing credit for smartphones, which enables our customers to move from feature phones to smartphones and improve their connectivity, communication, and information access. Today, smartphone financing is a rapidly growing business line – with enormous opportunities for innovation and increasing our customer impact – and it is the focus of this Strategy Manager role.
M-KOPA currently employs over 1,000 full-time staff across its operating countries. We value progress, innovation, pragmatism, collaboration, and – most of all – our customers. We have been well recognised for our pioneering business model and scale.
Apply by 15 May 2021
Click here to apply: