Application Deadline: 30th June, 2021 17:00 (Japan Standard Time).
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Japan
Fields of Study: Fields of study such as natural science, engineering and medicine are given first priority. Candidates are free to select host institutions (university research laboratories, national research institutions or the corresponding facilities of private industry)
About the Award: Upon the concept of the founder of the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF), “Towards A Greater Understanding of Japan and a Lasting World Peace”, MIF has started the Research Fellowship Program.
Eligibility: To be eligible, candidates must:
- be of non-Japanese nationality;
- have a Doctorate degree;
- be 49 years old or under;
- not have been in Japan previously;
- have firm positions and professions in their home nations
Number of Awardees: 10 or less
Value of Scholarship:
- Stipend for research and stay
- Air transportation (a round-trip air ticket to/from Tokyo)
- Lump sum on arrival
Duration of Scholarship: From three(3) to six(6) months.
How to Apply: Applicants should go through Application instructions on the the Program Webpage before applying.