Become the SCIENCE Start-up BREAKTHROUGH OF THE YEAR 2021
Is science your business? Do you run a science start-up? And do you want to grow your global reach and visibility, while expanding your network with investors, VCs, and strategic partners? Apply now for the opportunity to showcase your start-up at Falling Walls Venture 2021.
Who are we looking for?
- Entrepreneurs and scientists from all disciplines whose start-ups are based on scientific research.
- Start-ups with a prototype or proof of concept who have already received funding.
- Young science-driven ventures no older than 5 years.
- Start-ups must be endorsed by a nominating institution. This can be a university or a research institution.
- Grow your network with investors, VCs and business partners.
- Extend your global reach and be spotlighted across our online platforms.
- Get coached on pitching.
- Win a trip to Berlin and pitch to a distinguished jury and online audience on 7 November.
- Become the Falling Walls Science Start-Up Breakthrough of the Year 2021.
- Present your start-up in front of an audience of global leaders at the Falling Walls Conference on 9 November.
How does the NOMINATION AND APPLICATION process work?
1. NOMINATIONS. Ask your university or research institution (i.e. VP Innovation, Director Technology Transfer, Head of university accelerator or a professor) to nominate your start-up as the Science Start-up Breakthrough of the Year 2021 here online by 15 June 2021 at the very latest.
2. APPLICATIONS. To complete your application, we will ask you to:
- fill out the application form (preview here),
- send us your pitch deck (PDF) and
- upload a pitch video (video requirements and recommendations here).
You will receive further details on the necessary application materials after your nomination was submitted. Then, you do have about two weeks to submit your application.
3. FINALISTS. The applications are continuously reviewed and evaluated. Should you make it to the next round you will be able to call yourself a Falling Walls Finalist and you will be announced as such on our website.
4. WINNERS. Our selection committee will screen the applications of all Finalists. The 25 most promising start-ups will be invited as Winners to Berlin to pitch their start-up to a distinguished jury and global online audience on 7 November.
5. SCIENCE START-UP BREAKTHROUGH OF THE YEAR 2021. The jury will select the Science Start-Up Breakthrough of the Year from all Winners. He or she will present their start-up live on stage at the Falling Walls Grand Finale in front of global leaders on 9 November.
For more info click on the link below: