Please share with me what comes to your mind when you hear the word superfood? Maybe it is a tomato in a cape or an avocado with night vision? Well, sometimes it sounds that some foods are so nutritious that they could have superpowers.
Many people probably have heard about superfoods, but I notice that numerous still don’t know a lot about them, and the most common question is what makes a superfood so “super”?
Superfoods can boost a healthy diet.
However, they won’t work like some “magic bullets” for losing weight. Superfoods are great ingredients in any healthy diet recipe because they have a very high nutritional density. One of the most important reasons, that kind of food contains a high volume of minerals, antioxidants, and vitamins.
So, including superfoods as part of your daily nutritional intake is great, but remember – you have to consume a healthy, balanced diet overall. If you decide to create your meal plans by yourself, meet the top food at the top of the superfood chain and mark them in the shopping list:
SUPERFOOD GREENS. When we are talking about superfoods, greens always come to mind first. Dark, leafy greens contain tons of nutrients, vitamins such as vitamin A, C, minerals, phenols, antioxidants, and fiber.
- Example: broccoli, kale, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, wheatgrass, spinach, spirulina, avocados.
SUPERFOOD NUTS & SEEDS. Next comes nuts and seeds! The plant food world’s real powerhouses because nuts are a good plant protein source. They also contain monounsaturated fats, which may be a factor in reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Example: Chia seeds, flax seeds, sacha inchi peanuts, brazil nuts, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, flaxseeds.
SUPERFOOD GRAINS. Though going gluten-free is a growing trend that excludes most grains, that’s not to say that there are no superfood grains. Whole grains contain several B vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients. They have been shown to lower cholesterol and protect against heart disease and diabetes.
- Example: quinoa, bulgur wheat, brown rice, oats, buckwheat, farro.
SUPERFOOD POWDERS. Need an easy and uncomplicated superfood boost? Pre-made powders may be the answer, which are dehydrated extracts and preparations of your favorite superfoods. Powders make it easy to get those superfoods into any diet. Just put them on your meals as a seasoning or sneak them into smoothies!
- Example: blueberry powder, mushroom powder, goji berry powder, beet powder.
If you want to make your life easier by including superfoods into your food routine – there is the solution. You could get a fully personalized weight loss book based entirely on your calorie needs and nutrition.
In this case, you will always have recipes with superfoods prepared for every day.
Also, there are a few more popular superfoods you could include in your meal plan:
- Seafood provides Omega-3 fatty acids for a healthy ticker.
- Olive oil is a good source of vitamin E, polyphenols, and monounsaturated fatty acids, all of which help reduce heart disease risk.
- Tomatoes are high in vitamin C, which could reduce the risk of prostate cancer.
- Berries are naturally sweet, and their rich colors show us that they are high in antioxidants.
- Greek yogurt is a fantastic source of calcium and protein, and yogurt contains “good bacterias.”
Now you know why some food is called a superfood and why it is essential to include them in your healthy diet. Including these food ingredients in your daily nutrition can help you to lose weight and certainly feel better.