The International workshop on Re-visioning Peripheral Geographies: Strategies for Resilient Urban Development in the Global South is a series of five online workshops organised under the auspices of the Royal Academy of Engineering, UK funded project PIVOT.
Submissions are expected from diverse disciplinary backgrounds, on works that help expand the boundaries of peri-urban studies in Global South particularly India, Mexico, Turkey, Nigeria and South Africa.
Some of the themes include but not limited to:
– Peri-urban dynamics
– Peri-urban and integrated city development
– Everyday socio-spatial narratives of peri-urban geographies
– Peri-urban governance and challenges
– Quality of life in the peri-urban
– Marginalisation and right to city
– Environmental, economic and health (in)equalities
– Hard and soft infrastructures
Submission deadline has been extended to 15th March, 2021 (This is under reconsideration to 2nd week of April, since the workshop date is also under reconsideration for 30th of April).
Details can be found in the attached document.
Also check the project website for more information https://pivotfrontiers.com