Are you a prospective leader working academically or practically in climate protection or climate-relevant resource conservation in your home country – a non-European developing or transition country (see list of countries, PDF)? Then we invite you to apply for an International Climate Protection Fellowship from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
If you are a prospective leader you will do a one-year research-related project in Germany as part of your fellowship; if you are a postdoc, long-term academic research (12-24 months). It should focus on combating climate change, adaptation strategies, preserving ecosystems and biodiversity, or on the sustainable use of the seas and oceans. Sustainability topics relating to natural resources, resource-efficient consumption or urban development are also welcome.
- Fellowship amount according to qualifications between €2,150 and €2,650 per month
- Two-month intensive language course in Germany
- Lump sum for travel expenses
- Allowances for visits by family members lasting at least three months
- Allowance of €800 per month for the host in Germany for projects in the natural and engineering sciences, and €500 per month for projects in the humanities and social sciences
Number of Awards: 20
Duration: One year
Apply until 1 March 2021
Visit the Scholarship Webpage for Details
Sponsors: Alexander von Humboldt Foundation