Deadline: 16 February 2020
The Yunus&Youth is accepting applications for its 2020 Fellowship Program which is a six-month online program designed to empower young social entrepreneurs to develop their full potential by strengthening business models, building compelling strategies for social ventures and expanding professional networks.
- Mentoring Relationship
- Young social entrepreneurs and corporate professionals are connected by Y&Y to turn their business expertise and passion for social change into an actionable plan. Mentors are matched with a co-mentor and a Fellow based on mentors’ strengths and the needs of the entrepreneur. Fellows are educated through a structured 6-month online program, ensuring an effective transfer of knowledge and guidance due to mentoring guides, Y&Y monitoring, as well as frequent performance reviews.
- Business Plan Development
- Fellows join the Y&Y online platform, an exclusively curated learning journey designed to meet early-stage social entrepreneurs’ main needs and challenges. With the support of their peers and mentors, Y&Y Fellows complete a series of assignments comprehending the following modules: Solution and Strategy, Revenue Model, Marketing Strategy, Impact Measurement, Partnerships, Funding and Grants, and Pitch and Storytelling.
- Final Online Pitch Competition
- This is the very last phase of the Y&Y Fellowship Program. It is an opportunity for Y&Y Fellows to present their social businesses to a team of real investors, shape their presentation skills and test their pitch decks. Pitching competitions offer a unique platform where startups stand to gain early exposure and attention from investors and other stakeholders.
- Global Y&Y Alumni Community
- Y&Y Fellows who successfully complete all mandatory assignments receive a certificate of graduation and join their exclusive Alumni Network. Being a Y&Y Fellow means having a support network of former fellows, business leaders, institutions and other like-minded social entrepreneurs around the world that will help them grow their business even further.
- For previous cohorts, Y&Y received applications from thousands of young leaders from all around the world, and even more candidates are expected for the next edition.
- Individuals from any country can apply for the program. There are no restrictions on country of origin or country of operations.
- Y&Y Fellows are selected based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated dedication and commitment to building a social business and solving a social issue in their community;
- Willingness to receive professional guidance and work hard to grow and develop their social business;
- Being the founder, co-founder or having full decision-making power in the organization;
- Fluency in English;
- Generally between 18-30 years old with a few exceptions made for outstanding applicants over 30.
- Special consideration for:
- Solutions that represent an advance in the way of tackling a problem to accelerate the achievement of the UN Sustainable Development Goals;
- Ideas that integrate new technologies;
- Innovations that specifically target problems faced by any of the following groups: youth, women, ethnic/racial minorities, LGBTQ+, refugees and displaced persons or persons with disability.
For more information, visit https://yunusandyouth.com/apply/