Postdoc Fellowship in Canada, University of Calgary
Designation/Position- Postdoc Fellowship in Canada
University of Calgary, Canada invites application for Postdoc Fellowship in Canada from eligible and interested candidates
About- The University of Calgary is Canada’s leading next-generation university – a living, growing and youthful institution that embraces change and opportunity with a can-do attitude. Located in the nation’s most enterprising city, the university is making tremendous progress on its Eyes High journey to be recognized as one of Canada’s top five research universities, grounded in innovative learning and teaching and fully integrated with the community it both serves and leads. The University of Calgary inspires and supports discovery, creativity and innovation across all disciplines. Postdoc Fellowship in Canada
Research/Job Area- Chemical Engineering
Location- University of Calgary, Canada
- Post-secondary education: Hold a PhD degree in Chemical Engineering from an accredited university
- High level of hands-on skills with fixed-bed, fluidized bed reactors, and high pressure vessels
- Able to design chemical reactors, kinetics and mass transfer studies, perform process simulations and thermodynamic analysis on merging processes in CO2 Capture and Conversion
- Proven hands-on experience with process simulation software: Aspen Plus and HYSYS
- Familiar with energy & environment specifically carbon capture, steam and dry reforming and conversion technologies
- Proven track record of using Aspen Process Economic Analyzer and Cost Estimation modules for economic evaluation of carbon conversion technologies via steam reforming and dry reforming processes
- Solid experience in the lab experimentation specifically CLC, steam and dry reforming Processes
- Skilled in operating and maintaining characterization equipment in labs, such as: gas absorption for surface area measurements, gas analyzer and gas chromatographs for gas composition measurements, CHNS/O elemental analyzer
- Prepare, organize and submit proposals necessary for grant applications
To be eligible as a Postdoctoral scholar at the University of Calgary, you must have been awarded a PhD or equivalent within the five (5) years immediately preceding the appointment. Please review the Postdoc Eligibility Guidelines for more information prior to applying for this position.
Job/Position Description- This position reports directly to Professor Mahinpey, faculty member of Chemical and Petroleum Engineering Department and Director of the Energy and Environment Research Group (EERG) at the University of Calgary, and involves a wide range of work focuses on research projects in carbon capture, conversion and utilization technologies.
Area: Reaction / Process Engineering (Chemical Engineering)
Duration: 1 year with the possibility of extension
Start Date: Fall 2019
Salary: Commensurate with experience (minimum 40,000 $CAD per year plus University of Calgary Health Insurance Benefits)
How to Apply-
This position is located at the University of Calgary main campus. This position is a Fixed-Term, Full-Time Employment for the duration of one year commencing from Fall 2019 to Fall 2020 with the possibility of extension based on the performance and fund availability.
Your application must be submitted as a single pdf. document and include:
- A cover letter outlining your relevant research experience, qualifications, interests and career goals
- Contact information for two to three references
Interested candidates should email their application to Mr. Babak Labbaf at: email@example.com.
Last Date for Apply– Until the position is filled
To apply click here: