Designation/Position- USTC Scholarship Program 2020
University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), China invites application for USTC Scholarship Program 2020 from eligible and interested candidates
About- USTC Scholarship—Degree-seeking Program is a scholarship established by University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) to support USTC to recruit outstanding international students for studies in China.
Research/Job Area- All available research area
Location- University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), China
1. Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and mentally and physically healthy.
2. Applicants must not be a registered student in Chinese universities at the time of application;
3. Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for bachelor’s degree studies must have hold a high school diploma (equivalent to high school diploma in China), HSK5 certificate and be under the age of 30 (by September, 1st, 2020).
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree (equivalent to bachelor’s degree in China) and be under the age of 35 (by September, 1st, 2020).
- Applicants for doctoral studies must have master’s degree (equivalent to master’s degree in China) and be under the age of 40 (by September, 1st, 2020).
※ For the graduates to obtain their degrees in 2020, they should submit a Pre-graduation Certificate to ensure that they will complete their study and obtain the degree by July of 2020.
※ Degree-seeking students who have been granted for other Chinese scholarship or funding（2019-2020）cannot apply for this scholarship.
The USTC Program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance.
- Tuition waiver.
- Accommodation: free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy.
If the host university requires students to live on campus, the university will accommodate the scholarship students in a university dormitory (usually a twin room); if the host university permits students to live off campus, the university will provide monthly accommodation subsidy:
bachelor’s students: CNY 500 per month;
master’s students: CNY 700 per month;
doctoral students: CNY 1000 per month.
bachelor’s students: CNY2,500 per month;
master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month;
doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
The duration of scholarship is decided in accordance with the duration of each specific program:
- Bachelor’s Degree Programs: 4 academic years
- Master’s Degree Programs: 2-3 academic years
- Doctoral Degree Programs: 3-4 academic years
For more information of programs offered at USTC, please check:
For more information about the programs and professors in related field, please refer to the link of: professors‘ brief
profiles(http://en.ustc.edu.cn/faculty/201105/t20110530_112483.html),and schools and departments (http://en.ustc.edu.cn/5391/list.htm).
Applicants are encouraged to contact prospective supervisors prior to application and if have, are expected to upload in the online
How to Apply-
Step 1: Online Application for USTC Admission
Step 2: Original Application Documents Submission
1. Application form for USTC Scholarship with signature and recent photo.
2. Photocopy of passport (ordinary passport with validity of at least 1 year).
3. A study or research proposal (no less than 800 words).
5. Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors (with phone number and email address).
6. Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (download in the attachment below).
7. Applicants for programs instructed in Chinese must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate (at least level 4); applicants for programs instructed in English must provide the photocopy of valid IELTS or TOFEL result or other proof of their English proficiency (except those whose mother tongue is English).
8. Photocopy of degree certificate and academic transcript for both Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree (if have) notarized by Ministry of Education or equivalent authority in your country.
For Contact- firstname.lastname@example.org
Last Date for Apply– 31 March 2020 (for online application)
Click here to apply: