African Leadership Academy (ALA) seeks to enroll the most outstanding young leaders, aged 15 – 18, from across Africa and around the world. Only the most passionate and brilliant young leaders can transform the future of our continent. Are you one of them?
For the African Leadership Academy, an ideal candidate (has):
- Academic excellence, leadership potential, and a clear sense of purpose.
- Is typically between the ages of 15-18 and have either completed high school or are about to complete high school.
- Admission to ALA is both accessible and selective. Many people think of minimum grade requirements in a national or international examination as being the most important factor in an admissions decision, but it is only one of several factors considered by our admissions department. We do not have fixed minimum grades – we review academic reports over the course of the last two years of school to understand a candidate’s academic trajectory and to gauge their preparedness to thrive in a rigorous environment like ALA.
- We also consider leadership activities, extracurricular activities, volunteerism, projects started and other such activities alongside the short essays in the application. If a student has been performing consistently well in their previous school (even if they were not top of their class), they stand a chance of being admitted to ALA.
- The application form challenges students to reflect on how they intend to be changemakers in the future and what they have already started to do towards that. We will request for two full years of academic term results plus the completed application form.
- Applications are open from June – December each year. ALA operates an equal admissions opportunity policy, offering 50% of places to males and 50% to females.
To apply, complete the form below and attach your CV, cover letter and writing sample. Applications will be accepted through 1st October 2021.
Click on the link below to apply: