One of the most important academic research institutes in marine sciences in Canada, the Institut des sciences de la mer de Rimouski (ISMER) of the Université du Québec à Rimouski (UQAR) is recruitting up to 3 new full-time students with a diverse background beginning their doctoral studies at ISMER in the fall of 2021 or winter of 2022 semesters. The scholarships, amounting to 20 000$ per year, will be for three years.
ISMER brings together many researchers and a community of students from all disciplines of the marine sciences (biology, chemistry, geology and physics) who are dedicated in a collegial manner to the research and advancement of multidisciplinary knowledge of the coastal and marine environments in a sustainable development and climate change perspective.
- Be able to start the doctoral thesis in the fall of 2021 or winter of 2022 semesters;
- Be in the position to register (full time) in the doctoral program in oceanography at ISMER at the time of obtaining the scholarship;
- Meet the basic requirements for admission to the doctoral program in oceanography at ISMER;
- Have a grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.7 / 4.3 or the equivalent (ex. ≥ 14/20);
- The doctoral thesis must be carried out under the supervision of a professor from ISMER;
- Have obtained a letter of support from a professor from ISMER.
$20,000 per year, for three years.
The interested candidates must submit a complete CV (including scientific communications, scholarships, awards, expeditions, etc.), a motivation letter explaining the candidate’s path and how this path a PhD program in oceanography at ISMER, all university grade transcripts, a letter of support from a professor at ISMER confirming the intention of the professor to supervise the candidate if the scholarship is awarded, as well as three (3) letters of recommendation (including one from a research supervisor) in electronic format before July 1, 2021 to the Program committee of graduate studies in oceanography at ISMER (email@example.com).
Only complete applications that meet the criteria for presentation and excellence of this scholarship program will be evaluated by the selection committee after the application deadline. The final selection of candidates will be made during an in-person or remote interview. We support an equality program and strongly encourage women, people with disabilities, visible and ethnic minorities, and indigenous people to apply.
Click on the link below to apply: