Kent Law School is delighted to offer this scholarship to support excellent students who wish to pursue postgraduate study at the Kent Law School in the academic year 2021-22 by providing scholarships with a stipend of £2,000 and a tuition fee reduction of £2,500.
- Have been awarded a First Class Honours degree in law from a British University (proven by receipt of transcripts and/or a degree certificate clearly stating that this classification has been awarded)
- Have firmly accepted an offer of a place on the taught Kent LLM at the Canterbury Campus of the University of Kent for entry in September 2021 or January 2022 and have met the academic conditions of entry/be accepted for entry
- Must qualify as an Overseas or EU student for tuition fee purposes
Stipend of £2,000 and a tuition fee reduction of £2,500 for students with a First Class Honours Degree from a UK University
- A written statement of no more than 1,000 words, submitted as a Word of PDF file, making the case for the award of the scholarship. It should describe the applicant’s academic achievements and performance in university studies to date, discuss the applicant’s reasons for wishing to study for the Kent LLM, and outline the applicant’s financial circumstances, indicating in particular whether the scholarship will make a difference to their ability to study at the University of Kent.
- One piece of academic writing. This could be either a piece of coursework of no more than 2,000 words previously submitted for assessment at the applicant’s previous institution, or it could be a 2,000 word essay written for this application on a topic of the applicant’s choosing.
These two documents must be accompanied by a completed KLS PG Funding Application Form, with the documents sent in one email to email@example.com. Please include the name of the scholarship in the email subject title. Applicants should note that we do not respond to emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and an automated response will confirm receipt.
Please contact StudyLSSJ@kent.ac.uk with any questions.
Click on the link below to apply: